Things to teach girls/small kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teach young girls to be self sufficient. Have them understand that they need to make it in life on their own, and be happy in their own skin before sharing a life with another. So many young ladies today marry early, give up education, self worth and life, and end up never being all they can be.
From a very young age my niece was encouraged to be just that. Self sufficient and happy. Taught to earn respect, and when it's given treat it with value. Currently an RN/BSN, headed for a masters, gainfully employed, socking money away for the future, and buying a home. Wanted a child, found a donor, had said child and raising on her own. Teaching him the same values. He has dreams of being a pro ball player. Works on extra drills with the coach, and the only 10 year old I know with a fitness regimen. Good parenting can be taught and handed down. I wish I could get a few more parents I know on board.

Appreciation and respect for the older generation. Love the land and what it stands for. Remember those who are gone forever, and be aware that all of them contributed in their own small way to what we enjoy today. There is NO free meal. Everyone has the opportunity to share in the good life but it is earned with hard work and sacrifice. Visit a national cemetery and look at those white headstones. Those interned there gave all of their tomorrows so that we might have today. Appreciate law enforcement and emergency service men and woman.

Quote:
So many young ladies today marry early, give up education, self worth and life, and end up never being all they can be.

There was a survey a while back with 1000 women and 40% of them acknowledged they married the wrong guy but they were under pressure to marry and live the American Dream.

Too many women today settle for a loser then divorce them bum.

Originally Posted By: beanoil
Teach young girls to be self sufficient. Have them understand that they need to make it in life on their own, and be happy in their own skin before sharing a life with another. So many young ladies today marry early, give up education, self worth and life, and end up never being all they can be.
From a very young age my niece was encouraged to be just that. Self sufficient and happy. Taught to earn respect, and when it's given treat it with value. Currently an RN/BSN, headed for a masters, gainfully employed, socking money away for the future, and buying a home. Wanted a child, found a donor, had said child and raising on her own. Teaching him the same values. He has dreams of being a pro ball player. Works on extra drills with the coach, and the only 10 year old I know with a fitness regimen. Good parenting can be taught and handed down. I wish I could get a few more parents I know on board.

Kind of sad that your niece didn't see a man as an important part of her own family/marriage as well as the significance of a father in a boys life. Not meaning to be intentionally rude but your story sounds cold....especialy when a father is labeled as a mere "donor".

Originally Posted By: andrewg

Kind of sad that your niece didn't see a man as an important part of her own family/marriage as well as the significance of a father in a boys life. Not meaning to be intentionally rude but your story sounds cold....especialy when a father is labeled as a mere "donor".

I have to agree with you Andrew.

Originally Posted By: benjamming
Originally Posted By: expat
Among other things, At a young age, about Lying.

What it is, how it works, types of lie and why people do it.

A young women we know was always told the truth buy her parents and family, she has had a hard time in her teen years, pretty much believing everthing people tell her, truth or not.
Even when confronted with an obvious non truth, she has this bewildered 'Deer in the headlights' look.

I guess she has been unable to develope critical thinking?
Some years with the Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati will correct some of that specious reasoning. Just an observation, not a recommendation.

The effect isn't related to the cause.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Originally Posted By: andrewg

I have to agree with you Andrew.

I agree with Andrew and Mr Nice here as well, big time.

I would say self defense in modern society is important. Kids and young adults are sometimes put in situations that are not easy for them to get out of, especially after school, during college, etc.

I'm not saying they need to beat everyone up, but maybe make them aware of a few techniques they can use if someone grabs them or tries to convince them to do something they don't want to do. Even being able to talk themselves out of a situation (candy from strangers, knowing when things are turning inappropriate, drunk people at parties, etc).

I heard so many stories of young females in college who ended up in bad situations because they didn't know what to say or how to get out of something, or didn't want to make someone else feel bad. Teach them that their safety is #1 priority, people's feelings are #2.

I'd (try) to teach them everything I'd teach a boy, and adjust according to their needs & desires. With one alteration: I'd teach them that boys are the scum of the earth. [I can say that--I have a daughter.] Otherwise I agree with the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back