Life's Simple Joys

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the favorite song thread, I'm currently jamming to some of my favorites. There's a light thunder shower overhead, I'm drinking a PBR in an icy frosty mug, and now as I look out my window, there is a perfect triple rainbow. Life is good (at least for the next 20 minutes).
cheers.gif

I wasn't too tired to do something today, so 4:00 p.m. found me sitting in the shade with a slight breeze (102F) after having gotten 5-lbs of beef back ribs smoking on the gas rotisserie. A few clouds, the birds moving from shaded branch to shaded branch . . it was a fine piece of the afternoon.

An hour later I was beat (after prepping German potato salad), but dinner was all set, so I waited on my timer to tell me to baste again, and listened to the kids next door swimming.

cheers.gif

I drove my girlfriend home after work, then emailed a few freinds, spent too much time on the computer, changed my guitar strings, finished a good book, and went for a run.
Now I'm going to go for a walk in the 69 degree evening and see what I see.
grin.gif

Back home from a Costco/library trip drinking a rum and coke listening to Seek and Destroy (ahem) with my coat on! It's only 68F here ... just up the coast from MarkC.

Recently talked with a family member up in Northern BC and they had just lit their wood stove.
shocked.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Drew99GT:
After the favorite song thread, I'm currently jamming to some of my favorites. There's a light thunder shower overhead, I'm drinking a PBR in an icy frosty mug, and now as I look out my window, there is a perfect triple rainbow. Life is good (at least for the next 20 minutes).
cheers.gif

-

I see the rainbow is over a "temple of worship"... very inspiring.

I had a rough week and weekend. These past couple of days I said "to heck" with all the work around I have piled around the house and for my friends clamoring for car work, and enjoyed my evenings at the pool.

I like these "ozone action days". It gives me a valid excuse to put off many jobs, such as mowing the lawn and painting.

Interest that you brought this up! On the way home yesterday, I jammed my favorite Rush and Sara Evans songs. Really put me in a better mood! Thanks!
smile.gif

Kind of hard to imagine some simple pleasures when it's 110F out here. Can't do much than try and stay inside and not sweat your gonads off......it's almost too hot to sweat! But I will say this, playing with my 2.6 year old and watch her try to put sentences together and wonder what's going on in that little brain is pretty amazing.

Simple pleasures?

. . . well, let's see.

Coming home to a warm, well-lit place on a cold, rainy/snowy night (not that we have much cold or snow down here in The Swamp). Fresh hot dinner. Settling in with cat on lap to read a book you've been looking forward to -- and more important, finding it meets or even exceeds those expectations.

Driving a car I enjoy along a smooth scenic mountain road, windows down for fresh cool dry air. Rising in the early morning, esp. on a cool or cold morning, driving out to have breakfast at your favorite diner. Or both -- driving in the mountains to the diner! And watching snow or rain patter on the windows as you down your bacon and eggs.

Finishing a manuscript, fiction or otherwise, you've been writing, and being pleased with it. Better still is to have someone whose opinion you respect say he likes it, and tell you exactly why. (Best of all would be: "Here's a check for said story" -- which hasn't happened to me yet.)

Taking a hot shower after a long run on a cold day. Practically orgasmic.

Good thread. Once we get to focusing on the good stuff, it seems, we have a lot of things we enjoy, don't we?

-- Paul W.

quote:

Originally posted by Benzadmiral:
Simple pleasures?

.Taking a hot shower after a long run on a cold day. Practically orgasmic.

-- Paul W.

shocked.gif
lol.gif
I guess that depends on how much soap you use!!!

-

I can see someone selling that as a bypass filter element that never needs changing.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back