Thanksgiving plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you say about a guy that's too cheap to replace the heating element in the oven that would be necessary to bake a turkey and also has no friends that would invite him over to Thanksgiving dinner ?

I'd say that guy should probably keep quiet about it and not ruin a perfectly good thread about Thanksgiving holiday plans.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
What would you say about a guy that's too cheap to replace the heating element in the oven that would be necessary to bake a turkey and also has no friends that would invite him over to Thanksgiving dinner ?

I'd say that guy should probably keep quiet about it and not ruin a perfectly good thread about Thanksgiving holiday plans.
laugh.gif

Said guy should:
-learn to crochet to make large comfy socks
-talk more with church ladies to socialize (and maybe get a hint for a nice date); if they like you you just resolved your dinner problem
-learn not to shut 9/11 threads down
-use oil up to 2,999.995 miles (make sure to buy a big tape measure); you use yours way too long...
-clean computer keyboard?

Go to Salvation Army/church or similar to hand out meals to the less fortunate. Then when done serving you get to eat your dinner and desert. Then leave there all satisfied and filled up.

I've always believed Thanksgiving is the nicest time of the year. The crops are all almost all harvested and the pace of life is slowing a bit.The ducks on our lake are enjoying the sunny days. Muskrats are busy looking for things to eat along the bank. Our tree removal provided them with something to eat and they weren't afraid to come in close to get the small branches that fell. All is well on November 16,2017. Happy Thanksgiving to Americans everywhere, and Happy Thanksgiving to all Nebraskans. We have a lot to be thankful for even though farm income is down. Maybe next year will see better returns.

My youngest daughter's birthday falls on Thanksgiving so she gets to pick the menu. It's going to be a Chinese dinner. :)

Dinner at my Daughter's and then settle in for some football.

Staying home, just turkey dinner with the wife and her sister. Going to brine the turkey overnight then pop him into my big ez oil-less turkey fryer. Probably drink a few cold ones while the turkey cooks. Won’t be watching any football, just chill and enjoy the day off.

I've gotta work that day, but 8a-4p instead of 2-10pm so thankful I'll get to come home for leftovers. Wife & kids are heading to her uncles house so I'm looking forward to whatever's been packed for me that she brings home lol.

I'm not complaining in the least bit as it's Holiday pay and with my seniority at work I get Christmas off.

We're driving down 4+ hrs to PA for our first Thanksgiving with my great aunt Sue, then down to DE to spend a few days with my family. We're all eating dinner separately, but will meet for a belated Thanksgiving dinner together Friday night.

Originally Posted By: glock19
Originally Posted By: pandus13
Driving to and from ATL/GA to visit some friends.
We'll try not to get into food coma.

I'll try to stay out of the left lane....

Will put some miles on the Yaris (59,980 as of this morning), with all-season tires (7/32 front, 8/32 back) and after coming back, get the new Nexen winter shoes on....

In 9.5 years, this will be the first long trip for "Bluey".

P.S. you're lucky to have your mom close to you...

You're going to drive from Chicago to Atlanta in a Yaris? You sir, are a road warrior.

The wife and I drove to FL in our previous '08 Civic. NEVER...EVER...AGAIN!

We drove again a couple of years after that in our '14 Forester, in a 3-car convoy, and it was still pretty stressful, but much more comfortable! We didn't average 36MPG, like in the Civic, but night and day regarding comfort.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Any Civic is terrible for long drives on the highway.

We went to Disney while down there. The roads near Orlando are glorious. It made our previous Civic ride like a Cadillac!

Ok, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration...

Originally Posted By: pandus13
P.S. you're lucky to have your mom close to you...

Ya I am lucky. I am the only child of a single mom so we are close. She is super excited to go and was going through my NASCAR diecasts looking for Kyle Larson cars to get him to sign. It will be cold but it should be really fun and something different to try.

So it has been in the 80s during the day. Supposed to stay into the 60s for the race tomorrow. Looks like I don't need to bring jackets to the track!!

My boy did it....he won the National Title for 12 year olds....

Originally Posted By: Phishin
I'll be traveling with my 12 year old son to the BMX Grand Nationals in Tulsa, OK over Thanksgiving. Biggest race of the year.

I posted in the Racing section, but we had a great time at the Turkey Night Grand Prix. Kyle Larson was on pole for the midget race after setting a lap record of 11.888. Christopher Bell started 3rd. The 2 of them put on an absolute clinic on hard but respectful racing. They were pulling slide jobs almost every lap interlocking wheels and going through the turns doing wheelies but never touching. Christopher Bell ended up winning.

My mom and I had an absolutely fantastic time. I had chicken strips and she had a hot dog from the track concessions. We will definitely be going again next year and are already planning on trying to go to a World of Outlaws race next year in addition to NASCAR and IndyCar. Plus a good friend of ours that has a 360 non wing sprint car is debating on running it again at a few races and I might get to crew for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back