Do you have a spin on or cartridge filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spin on in all the vehicles in the fleet
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
smile.gif

Even on the girl friend's car?
smile.gif

All of mine are spin on. I wish they were cartridges; then I wouldn't have to cut them open...

cartridge on top of the engine...

vacuum the oil, change the oil filter, refill oil. All is done without raising the vehicle .

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: car51
smile.gif

Even on the girl friend's car?
smile.gif

Gf’s car is a 09’ Camry same as mine and I have a Tough Guard 4386 on it for 2nd OCI now with 0w20 QSUD
smile.gif

My 67 Toyota Corona had a cartridge oil filter. The cartridge kit came with a gasket for the canister, gasket for the center bolt and a small gasket for the canister drain plug.Only available from Toyota the five years I drove the Corona. Had a OHV four cylinder engine designated 3R-B. Better fit and finish than anything being made in Detroit.

I have cartridge filters now. Easy to change but the only drawback is the cost, no more $4-$5 oil filters for me, for some reason you would think a cartridge filter is cheaper to make, but they all seem to cost $10-$15 each. Then again they're supposed to last 10k so I suppose that's why.

Originally Posted By: fenixguy
All of mine are spin on. I wish they were cartridges; then I wouldn't have to cut them open...

Yup, same. I always cut them open not as much for inspection but instead to fully drain the oil, throw out the media and send the metal bits to the recyclers. If I had cartridges it would be much better for recycling and resource conversation in my book.

I prefer Spin on. Much easier. My Dad has Cartridge Type on his Lexus RS and always complains about the mess.

All my cars have Spin on. Not sure why the manufactures use the cartridge type? They dont filter any better are not cheaper in price? So???

I guess to keep people going to the Dealer for Oil Changes possibly?

Jeff

Both … thought the cartridge looked small until I cut open an FL910s …
Either is fine … going under anyway …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back