Which Oil Filter Should I choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither, the Bosch WS is the lowest series and may have the Purolator tearing issue, the other one is a transmission filter. I would go to the dealer or buy Toyota filters from a Toyota dealer on Ebay. The no end cap design will give maximum flow in cold weather, and so far Toyota filters show zero defects.

For a 5000 mile OCI a Supertech from Walmart (less than 3.00 each in U.S.) would do just fine. Made by Wix and with surprising quality for the price.

Originally Posted By: GaryMX5
For a 5000 mile OCI a Supertech from Walmart (less than 3.00 each in U.S.) would do just fine. Made by Wix and with surprising quality for the price.

And Supertech oil for the short 5k interval as well

Originally Posted By: Balrog006
Originally Posted By: Baracoa
Best overall filter is Mobil 1. Lasts 15,000 to 20,000 miles. Get at Walmart for $10 or in an oil filter combination sale from any major auto parts store.

Based on some recent issues posted here with them I’d say they’re overpriced and under constructed ... if your going to spend $10-12 on a filter get a fram Ultra and even save a few $.

That is good to know. I seen them recently on sale at CDN Tire and thought about purchasing one or 2 for my next oil change in the spring on my 13 Hemi.
Based on the replies I have received about my wife's new 3.6 Impala, I think I will stick with Fram Tough Guards for both vehicles and run Pennzoil Platinum also in both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back