Any experience with Toyo Open Country Q/T?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spj

I have had good luck with their open country AT. The wife is soon to be in need of a 255/50R20 for her explorer (has winter tires/wheels). There is an online store that I bought my Toyos from that has a set of 4 delivered for $600. Pretty good deal for the 20's. Thanks.

Good tires and a good deal. Unless she’s in need of an A/T, I’d suggest low rolling resistance tires. They make a 5% difference in fuel economy for my Jeep. That would probably be $300 in fuel over the life of tires on the Explorer.

I don't have those tires, but I do have other Toyo models on three of my vehicles. No complaints about any of them.

Had them on my Sequoia for a while. They drove nice, not the greatest traction in the snow, but good enough. One of them shredded itself at 70 mph on I-65 right in front of the Corvette museum in Kentucky. When I went in to replace it and the other three after the blowout the tire shop guy said "yea we see that a lot with Toyos, I'd get some other brand if I were you". Don't know if that's true or not judging from the other three, I believed him. They were cracked all over between the treads and according to the code on the tire they were only a few years old.

I've had several sets of their cousins, the Terra Grappler and the Toyos are milder yet. Great tires.

you just missed the cyber monday/black friday sale at DT/DTD

Had 390 in rebates on my set of winter tires and wheels.

I've used toyos in the past.. they were my favorite value AT tire in the early 2000's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back