White Marking Pen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I often see techs in videos marking timing belts with a white pen. I have used white out before but it does not do a very good job. What brand or makes these white marking pens? Thanks.

Markal

61IdYap%2BZiL._SL1000_.jpg

I have had GREAT success with Sharpie Oil-Based Paint Pens. They are incredibly durable.

I've even used them to detail the lettering on tires and it's lasted a long time.

Originally Posted By: Timo325
Look for "white paint markers"

Gee thanks, would have never thought of that, lol. Searched that plus many more and got lots of negative reviews. That is why I asked the experts here.

Milwaukee Inkzall paint marker from Home Depot, $4.97. I just bought one a few days ago. Have used the Sharpie paint marker as well, Milwaukee is a better one imho.

Originally Posted By: Phishin
I have had GREAT success with Sharpie Oil-Based Paint Pens. They are incredibly durable.

Yes, these are harder to find, but worth it

"Paint Pens" are splotchy and blotchy and the tip is always too dry or too wet - never "just right" for more than a few seconds.

Markal is what's sitting on the front counter at Gordon Industry Supply. I'm assuming they're good since everything else in the store is good. They got Proto hand tools, Wilton vises, and Apex screwdriver bits; all of which you'll never see at Home Depot/Lowes. Another good source for paint pens is a welding supply store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back