Motul X-clean 5w/30 FE - 2017 STI - 3,900 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was suppose to be another column from the previous PUP 5w-30 fill (11,080 miles to 14,9xx miles) that I had sent in almost a week earlier than the Motul sample which has been sitting in the garage since the last oil change, but it got delayed in shipping for several days - both arrived at the same time; the Motul sample got done first.

Will they correct the spreadsheet once the other sample is done to reflect time and mileage in order ?

Motul X-clean 5w-30 EFE went in as the new oil.

I used to have high copper and high silica in my samples and it was like that the life of the vehicle Terry figured it was the gasket material leeching into the sample. I did try different air filters and look for air leaks for the silica and never found any.

Send them an email or call them and they will issue a new report. I've had to have them correct reports for both cars (incorrect engine).

Originally Posted By: JustN89
Does this have a copper oil cooler?

Yes, it does; it's a liquid to liquid cooler which is made of a big chunk of cooper as so it appears: it's sandwiched between the engine block and oil filter that uses the engines coolant system.

s-l1000.jpg

Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
AFAIK, all new STIs have a copper oil cooler.

I know the 2015-2017 STI's do for sure, I'm somewhat sure, but I believe the 2008-2014 did too - again, I'm not entirely 100% on that last statement.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received the other UOA, I'll just post it here instead of making a new thread. I used a Mobil 1 container that had some oil left in it which I cleaned out with brake clean and let it dry out before using it to put the sample in since I hadn't received the sample bottles from blackstone when I did this oil change. This UOA had a 1,800 mile road trip on it - seems like this time the PUP 5w-30 didn't shear as much as the other 2 samples did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back