Post your latest oil change

I bought a 5 quart jug of the SuperTech Wally World 5W-20 Full Synthetic oil for my oil change last weekend. I used a Ford MotorCraft oil filter. I installed an AC-Delco air filter (got it for a penny plus $5 s/h off ebay).

Last edited:
Don't worry Tig1. I have gone 3 runs on one oil filter for my Altima and 4 runs on the lady's Camry
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bbhero
Don't worry Tig1. I have gone 3 runs on one oil filter for my Altima and 4 runs on the lady's Camry
smile.gif

I realize multiple OCIs can be done with one filter, but I'm not going to do it. When I change oil I want as much old oil to drain out as I can get.

Originally Posted By: tig1
smile.gif

I realize multiple OCIs can be done with one filter, but I'm not going to do it. When I change oil I want as much old oil to drain out as I can get.

Pretty scary you're not going to try to save that .0005 cents per mile?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Red91
You paid for Amsoil? I'm rather surprised.

Should I take that as an insult or a complement?
LOL!
In this case, I bought the SS from a family moving from Columbus to either Montana or South Dakota, can't remember.
Found it on CL, was driving to Columbus quite often at the time, so I began exchanging emails with the wife about the oil.
Finally paid $42.00 for sixteen quarts, so I did get a deal on the oil.

2017 Escape Ecoboost .Castrol Edge Ext Per 5W 20 , Filter Carquest Blue looks like Baldwin filter to me. Plan on doing 10 KM interval .Dealer do'es changes for me . I supply oil +filter . Good deal

2007 Hyundai Entourage 213000 km, 5000 km on oil
VWB 5w30 out, Mobil 2000 5w20 in. Fram ob out, new Fram back in.
2007 BMW 5 SERIES 8000km on oil.
PP 5w30 out, Mobil 0w30 afe in. Fran ultra out, NAPA platinum in.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: tig1
smile.gif

Pretty scary you're not going to try to save that .0005 cents per mile?

I'm a big spender!
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
2017 Hyundai Sonata Sport 2.4L

Out: Valvoline Conventional 5W-30 | Fram
Now: Valvoline Full Synthetic 5W-20 | OE

Originally Posted By: Red91
OK, that sounds like you. I was thinking if you paid retail for Amsoil then I'd have to reconsider my understanding of the universe.

...or maybe your understanding of my cheap behind?
Amsoil was an itch I wanted to scratch and I figured that some would show up cheaply and it did,
just as TGMO did.

Originally Posted By: LEADED
2017 Escape Ecoboost .Castrol Edge Ext Per 5W 20 , Filter Carquest Blue looks like Baldwin filter to me. Plan on doing 10 KM interval .Dealer do'es changes for me . I supply oil +filter . Good deal

Yeah, that's a good interval for full synthetic. I used the Ford Motorcraft filter in my Ford Focus. I guess the Motorcraft filter has some extra bypass filter in it? I usually use Napa Gold (same as Carquest Blue?) oil filters, but I had a Motorcraft filter on the shelf so I used it.

Last edited:
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.0T

OUT: Dealer installed QSAD 5w-30 and OEM filter (they drained my VSP with only 500 miles on it while doing a recall
mad.gif
).

IN: Castrol Magnatec 5w-30 and OEM filter (first time using Magnatec).

This should get me through the winter.

Earlier in the week....

2002 Subaru WRX Wagon 186,589 Miles

Out: Rotella T6 with some VWB top up / Purolator PureOne 14460

About 11.5 months and 4,968 on combo.

In: Almost 5 quarts of T6 and another P1 14460

2006 Toyota Highlander Inbred; Out: Brown crud 'n mud & Napa filter. I like where they hide the filter, left the shroud off for next time.
In: Syntec 0W40 & M-1 filter.

2005 Ford F-150 5.4L

Out: Mobil 1 5w-20, Baldwin B329 filter

In: Mobil 1 5w-20, Baldwin B329 filter

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7L

Out: Mobil 1 5w-20, Baldwin B329 filter

In: Mobil 1 5w-20, Baldwin B329 filter

2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax

Out: Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 15w-40, Baldwin B1441 filter

In: Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 15w-40, Baldwin B1441 filter

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Finally paid $42.00 for sixteen quarts, so I did get a deal on the oil.

Nice score, did you pay for it with nickels, dimes and quarters? That's one way to get rid of change.
smile.gif

Back