Inside Amsoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: StevieC
How about you go play in another thread...

How about you pause a minute before posting yet another post, and read what you're typing? Then you might not be questioned so carefully on something you said was true.

Really QP, like a private company would publish that... C'mon. They have however shown graphs of which product is more popular.

Well which is it? Are sales figures proprietary or are they public?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Furthermore would you be giving me this much of a hard time if I was talking about M1 products in the same manner? Would you be accusing me of working for XOM?

Where have I accused you of working for Amsoil???

You have the right to make bald statements, and I have the right to ask for some evidence.

You were the one who stated "who cares about XL and OE." My suspicion is that quite a few people do, otherwise Amsoil would not be continuing to sell these products.

Quote:

If you don't want people to respond to your threads on a public forum, I suggest you open up your own private one and post there.

Sorry it was kschachn who made mention of me possibly working for Amsoil. He posted right before you and I misread it. Apologies on my part I was wrong.

As for the going to play in another thread I'll just ignore you from now on because it seems like you just want to take jabs at me in my threads. You have been doing so since I got back. This will be the last post of yours I respond to.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: kschachn

How about you pause a minute before posting yet another post, and read what you're typing? Then you might not be questioned so carefully on something you said was true.

How about you go play in another thread too!
cheers3.gif

Sorry it was kschachn who made mention of me possibly working for Amsoil. He posted right before you and I misread it. Apologies on my part I was wrong.

As for the going to play in another thread I'll just ignore you from now on because it seems like you just want to take jabs at me in my threads. You have been doing so since I got back. This will be the last post of yours I respond to.
cheers3.gif

Yes it was me. But I didn't "accuse" you of it, I just suspected it a while back. But after seeing your post I decided my suspicions were wrong.

And he's been taking "jabs" at you? No, he's been asking you about stuff you post. You should be pleased he even pays attention to you, as far as I've seen (since you got back) most people don't even make the effort to do that.

As a dealer, most of what I sell is SS or Dominator. Do sell a little OE to a couple customers that don't put on a lot of miles.
Pricing really isn't bad if you are a preferred customer.

Just a thought... Try not acting like a summer's eve bag. Just try doing that. It may well be a refreshing change of pace for you.

cheers3.gif

Got back from where ? Where'd you go ?

Originally Posted By: cronk
BTW, StevieC, thanks for sharing that video. I hadn't seen that one and enjoyed it.

cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Just a thought... Try not acting like a summer's eve bag. Just try doing that. It may well be a refreshing change of pace for you.

Try getting to know the whole story.
wink.gif

I tried to locate Amsoil ATF a while back and it was a dead-end. I called (3) local sales reps and none had it available, "but could order it". Also called a couple of repair shops that carry Amsoil but they didn't have it either. They "could order it" though. I only found one "store" that was listed - a 'feed and supply' store, 40 minute drive away. She had various motor oils, gear oils, etc but no ATF. Oh yeah, she "could order it" too.

Ironically, when I went to my hometown later, I passed an old hardware store that everyone in the town was familiar with and I'd been in hundreds of times growing up (it was really more than a hardware store - it was a pre-Lowes type store). They had an Amsoil banner hanging outside so I stopped in (for old-times sakes as much as anything!). There on the shelf, they at least had OE ATF. They didn't the Signature Series stuff. Amsoil says the OE grade is suitable for our car and it's what I was considering anyway, due to the cost of the SS ATF.

Regarding NAPA stores carrying it, remember that many NAPA stores are independents and can arrange that. NONE of the NAPA stores around here, for instance, carry Amsoil.

Last edited:
When I put my Bypass BMK-23 system in place I'm going to run the Signature Series 5w20. I was considering going with the 0w20 but Pablo said to stay with the 5w20 and that is what is on the applicator guide on Amsoil.com so I'm going to go with that.

Yeah like Castrol winning their argument in court over highly refined Grp III being "Synthetic"

There never was a court over this, btw. So many people repeat this nonsense

Originally Posted By: Y_K
Yeah like Castrol winning their argument in court over highly refined Grp III being "Synthetic"

There never was a court over this, btw. So many people repeat this nonsense

As well as repeating that a Group III base stock is "highly refined".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_oil

Quote:

Some "synthetic" oil is made from Group III base stock, some from Group IV. Some from a blend of the two. Mobil sued Castrol and Castrol prevailed in showing that their Group III base stock oil was changed enough that it qualified as full synthetic. Since then API has removed all references to Synthetic in their documentation regarding standards. "Full synthetic" is a marketing term and is not a measurable quality.

Just another evidence that Wikipaedia is good for nothing. Case number? In the footnotes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back