Disneyland

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a restaurant across Katella called Tiffy's that is really good. I go there for lunch when I go to the NAMM show at the convention center. They have awesome ice cream too.

Originally Posted By: cashmoney
So many beautiful places in Southern California to visit. The Disney mega-plex has to be the worst choice especially given the silly cost to join the mouth breathing herds waiting in lines.

+ 10000000000000000000

$110.00 a ticket. $20.00 bucks to park your car.

Such a deal!
shocked.gif

Originally Posted By: CKN

Such a deal!
shocked.gif

Deals are out there for both and it's still a bargain as compared to NFL tickets for something nobody's kids want to see anyway.
At the end of the day, you have to decide whether you're a rube for taking your family to Disney or whether those who criticize the idea are rubes who can't afford to do so.
If you have children of the right age range, I can guarantee that they'll enjoy the visit.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Originally Posted By: CKN

Such a deal!
shocked.gif

Deals are out there for both and it's still a bargain as compared to NFL tickets for something nobody's kids want to see anyway.
At the end of the day, you have to decide whether you're a rube for taking your family to Disney or whether those who criticize the idea are rubes who can't afford to do so.
If you have children of the right age range, I can guarantee that they'll enjoy the visit.

Having lived in So. Cal my entire life until retirement-I can truly say there are many more places in the outdoors that kids would enjoy-if it's presented properly.

And I can guarantee they would enjoy it.

You can go and stand "in the hours long happiest lines on Earth"-with people all over country/world-many not vaccinated against things we are (yes-it's happened already at Disneyland) -and take your chances in very close quarters-and pay dearly for. it.

https://blogs.cdc.gov/publichealthmatters/2015/12/year-in-review-measles-linked-to-disneyland/

Thanks for all the positive recommendations to those that took the time. My family wanted to shake things up from all of the camping, hiking, fishing, boogie boarding, and off-roading that they do me with. It was their turn to pick a family outing and the cost is no issue, worth every $ to see them enjoy themselves. It's why we work so hard. Right?

Best,
George

Is the idea to have the most money when you all die?

Disney not my cup of tea but it is a valid experience in life for kids and some adults. My kids have begged us to go but just has not happened yet.

I work for experiences and supporting my kids.

Every 5-10 years I somehow manage to go to the one in Florida. I'm not a Disney fan but it sure is nice to put on shorts and tees in the middle of winter, and see that wonderful sun in the sky. I'm not a beach fan so the typical winter getaway isn't for me.

Couple years ago we took the kids and had fun. I thought Universal was a bit a of a ripoff, what with Harry Potter stuff split between two parks (we did one day at Universal the rest at Disney) but it was a good trip anyhow.

Originally Posted By: madRiver

Disney not my cup of tea but it is a valid experience in life for kids and some adults. My kids have begged us to go but just has not happened yet.

Well...this is BITOG where guys will drive a 50 mile radius to buy oil at .45/CENTS A QUART AT EVERY AUTOZONE AROUND......

Originally Posted By: madRiver

Did it for the kids, 2 years ago... On my birthday (28 December: Yep, full season at Disneyland Florida); What parents do for kids.....
Comfy shoes and bought strollers for each kid...
Kids had a blast! They where tired flat out, but had a blast.....

The 2 hardest things:
-an Irish/Boston guy who had to go trough the rows of parents, kids and strollers and persons sitting on the ground, in the dark, no matter what: "I payed my money,..............and I'm going' to see it............"
-The drive back to the hotel after 10:30pm trough Half of Florida (Orlando to the coast), while everybody was flat out exhausted in the seats next to and behind me. Had to get them back in one piece. Toughest motivation when drowsiness comes............

Second last time was also about 12 years ago with me and my bride, hehe single time: we interrupted our visit to help my step-brother and my pregnant SIL and get my little niece to hug all the fluffy characters and see all the things princess for a 3-years old....
He repaid me by screwing up my mother's inheritance big time....

Last edited by a moderator:
It's expensive, but there are ways to make it more affordable.

Many employers have discount tickets, many online ticket agents have discounts. Buy them ahead of time and use that discount. Not a lot, probably save you $20 or so per person.

If you are not from SoCal, you are going to stay in a motel / hotel anyways. I stayed in CountryInn near the freeway and it is a walking distance to the park (you can also take a shuttle there but that'll cost you another $12 or so, or walk into the underground parking across the street and take Disney's shuttle into the park). It has a pretty good free breakfast as well, and when I stayed I got a free parking spot too. For $110 a night (if I remember right) it is a bargain.

The kids have to be the right age AND intellect. It's easy to get it wrong.

I think I should stop there because:
1) I hate unoriginal carp for the masses and I can't think of any better example than D'land. Been to Universal too and it was monumentally disappointing.
2) Can't do lines. Goes double in "Hot Florida". Smelly, infected 3rd world people...and all those overweight Pennsylvanians.
3) Expensive for what you get....and I can afford it.
4) You do know they don't let Mickey out because all the sheep throng about him and create a dangerous jam. He waves from a window. WOW, that's show biz!
5) Bring the kids to an Ice Show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Kira

2) Can't do lines. Goes double in "Hot Florida". Smelly, infected 3rd world people...and all those overweight Pennsylvanians.

Why pick on those Pennsylvanians? They're nowhere near the top in terms of the fattest state in the country. The top 5 are West Virginia, Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas and Louisiana where it ranges from 35-37% of the adult population is obese. Pennsylvania is way down the list at 30.3% and ranked #25. I guess it's all relative though, New York is even further down the list at #44 with 25.5% of the population obese.

https://stateofobesity.org/adult-obesity/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back