Cut open: Mobil 1 M212-A used 14,237 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first time running (and cutting open) a Mobil 1 M212-A oil filter. It was on my Sierra for 7 months and (2) OCI's totaling 14,237 miles (7,317 miles and 6,920 miles). I have been using Fram's Ultra XG10575 for awhile now but they were sold out at Walmart so I decided to try this Mobil filter. I didn't find any issues and overall it appears very well built.

ADBV was soft/pliable

Bypass valve. Was able to push in and spring felt normal.

Base plate was quite heavy. Gasket was thick (1/4"). Firm but pliable.

Media was evenly spaced. Counted 63 pleats (including seam)

Endcaps are glued in place to media. Media ripped before glue. Center tube came right out after removing endcaps.

Filter media.

Seem was glued together. Came apart with little force. Measured 58" long stretched out.

Spring seat thingy at bottom of can.

Here is the Fram XG10575 for comparison: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3534172/Cut_open:_Used_Fram_Ultra_XG10

Will be running another Mobil M212-A as I bought one along with 5 quarts of M1 to get the $17.00 rebate. At $9.97 is really only cost me $4.97 after rebate ($12 rebate for just the oil).

If anyone has any questions regarding this filter just let me know. Haven't throw it out yet.

Thanks

Looks to be a quality filter, which is good to know since the M1-110 is a filter I can use on my VStar. Thanks for the C & P.

Thanks for the c&p! Construction & assembly of this model appears to remain top notch.

I've run numerous M1-212 (no "A") oil filters on my wife's 2011 3.7L V6 Mustang. I have 3 of those left in my stash to be used.

I'm leery of those perforated center tubes.

I keep thinking what if one gets by that has perforations not open enough.

It appears to be a very well made filter. I used them for years, but they got too pricey for me after they updated them. I've since changed to Fram Ultra.

It's interesting they have stuck to their own prescription cellulose/synthetic blend for the media instead of using full synthetic. And they have stuck to Champ Labs premium grade construction, which is still maybe the best of USA brands IMO.

I been into countless highperforming dyno shop, seeing those 500whp+ to 1000whp+ on dyno, for being a dang BITOG member, I always interest to see what oil filter they running, and Mobil 1 oil filter pretty much 90% I seen, i am pretty sure they using mobil 1 oil too. some other I saw was motorcraft and wix or napa gold, some KN filter, well common was mobil 1 oil filter.

Ran a few of the new M1 cartridge filters in the Cobalt. They held up great, just wish the effeciency was up there with the FU and price was a little better. The Walmart near me always has them in stock though.

Looks good!
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back