Tesla Roadster ~ vs ~ Bugatti Chiron

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chiron is a reality, while it remains to be seen if the Tesla Roadster will ever reach production. And if it does, whether it will potentially have catastrophic failure of key suspension components, which the current models are apparently susceptible to.

What's that mean ?

200KWh of battery ? (based on ither Tesla offerings)

1-3/4 hours at the supercharge station...much longer after you've used it a few times and it limits you to 90KW or less.

6 Miles per hour of charge off a standard wall plug in Oz makes it 100 hours of charging if you take a 600 mile trip to a friend's house.

Not that I think any purchaser will ever have to worry about that, let alone getting the car.

I'd rather have the Bugatti, sell it, bank the cash and buy something I really like.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: BHopkins

I understand why you say that, but it really isn't true.

Tesla has successfully launched and sold three models, the original Roadster, now discontinued, the Model S, and the Model X. The Model 3 is definitely delayed, but based upon the success of the Model S and Model X, there is no reason to think that the Model 3 won't be into production by late winter to early spring.

For all practical purposes, ownership of a Chiron is a fantasy to 99.9992% of the registered drivers in the entire world. And that's allowing for each Chiron to be owned by 5 different drivers within our lifetime. I would put money down that I will get a chance to drive one of the new Tesla Roadsters. Not so with the Chiron.

You know, I actually see a Tesla pretty much every day I go to work. I always wonder why it never gets parked at the charging station between our two buildings, but I don't know the driver and haven't had a chance to ask. We must come and go at different times because I never see him in the vehicle (I do know it is a man).
Guess I may have seen a Bugatti, usually when I see supercars when I happen to be in a big city I don't know what they are. I will see an occasional Lamborghini around home as there is some extreme wealth to be found, but that kind of car doesn't really make a lot of sense given the infrastructure in my town and surrounding areas. Hummer were actually pretty popular in the brief period of their glory and there are still a few of them rumbling around on our roads, guess Land Rovers are the big thing now.

Originally Posted By: 97prizm
The Chiron is WAY cooler than any overhyped electric car. A Hand built W16 which my dad says is "Just two W8's" thrown together. Anyhow. The woosh of the turbo's and click of the transmission, it's very mechanical. None of the goofy self-opening doors and other UN-necessary stuff Tesla throws into their vehicles, including the dry humor of ludicrous speed etc. The electric car has no soul, and is boring no matter how fast tesla claims.

x2

And it's not even like those specs Elon spouts off have been verified. Nothing right now would stop me from saying I can build an electric roadster that can also fly to the moon, except knowing I haven't done it. I think it was Henry Ford that said "You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do".

When the Tesla gets released, watch them sue all the automedia outlets for giving honest reviews, like what they did to Top Gear.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I don't buy the range on tesla...

The rest of it is do able though. The model S is a 5 or 7 seater family car and it delivers impressive straight line performance. Without the limitations of being a practical family car, the same drivetrain hardware might beat the Chiron now in the quarter mile...
To get the top speed Tesla will probably add a gear box, which may even help acceleration more.

Originally Posted By: andyd
At least my ventures into idiot's delight don't cost much. Enjoy the rarified air up there in 1% land.
grin2.gif

The [censored]?!
confused2.gif
crazy2.gif
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Shannow
What's that mean ?

200KWh of battery ? (based on ither Tesla offerings)

1-3/4 hours at the supercharge station...much longer after you've used it a few times and it limits you to 90KW or less.

6 Miles per hour of charge off a standard wall plug in Oz makes it 100 hours of charging if you take a 600 mile trip to a friend's house.

Not that I think any purchaser will ever have to worry about that, let alone getting the car.

If you have the £££ for a Bugatti, could get a 2nd Tesla to keep on charge whilst using the other and a home charge station fitted
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I'd rather have the Bugatti, sell it, bank the cash and buy something I really like.
wink.gif

My guess is you could drive it sparingly for a couple years and sell it for what you paid for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back