NASCAR Miami Homestead race day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dave123
Imagine that now when she running Indy at 230mph all alone

P37. Just another day at the office. And in a perfect example of why I love her so much, after the race she summed up her racing career by complaining that now she would have to sit and wait until the race was over before she could get the motorhome outta there.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: TinyVoices
Terrible. Hate Truex. This is an excellent example of equipment winning a championship. 4 wins in 11 years in the cup series in average equipment and then as soon as furniture row partners with Gibbs he wins 8 races in a season.

I'd probably like him better if cole pearn wasn't an awful person and such a poor sport.

Oh, I don’t know ‘bout that. I’d say you outrun Kyle Busch in equal equipment, you got something going.

It's just frustrating that he was awful in decent equipment for his whole career until he got in a Gibbs car.

Kyle Busch was getting there and would have ran him over with 2 to go same way he has been doing to people for 10 years if it hadn't been for Larson being a moron. Which is sad because I am a Larson fan.

Was pulling for Keselowski but Martin Truex did an awesome job this year and deserves the Championship, gotta give him credit keeping Kyle Bush at bay is no easy task, I have some doubt that Larson gave them room to race he just couldn't get up any closer.
TOTO.

It's just frustrating that he was awful in decent equipment for his whole career until he got in a Gibbs car.

Kyle Busch was getting there and would have ran him over with 2 to go same way he has been doing to people for 10 years if it hadn't been for Larson being a moron. Which is sad because I am a Larson fan.

One truth in all forms of racing, is that to win, the person operating the machine needs to be skilled, the team needs to be skilled, and the equipment needs to be excellent. And of course the budget needs to be there to support the effort. Without all those factors in place, it's just a hobby.

Last edited:
Nice to see Larson staying back even though he's clearly much faster than Truex and Busch.

I don't think Larson gave the race away. It would have been awkward if Larson won the race and Truex won the Championship then they would have two winners.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Nice to see Larson staying back even though he's clearly much faster than Truex and Busch.

I don't think Larson gave the race away. It would have been awkward if Larson won the race and Truex won the Championship then they would have two winners.
happens all the time in many forms of motorsports not awkward at all

Originally Posted By: Indydriver
Originally Posted By: dave123
Imagine that now when she running Indy at 230mph all alone

P37. Just another day at the office. And in a perfect example of why I love her so much, after the race she summed up her racing career by complaining that now she would have to sit and wait until the race was over before she could get the motorhome outta there.

Did she really say that in a parting interview after 6 years in the sport? No wonder she's one of the most hated drivers out there. Good riddance on her departure.

Here you go. What I realize now, re-reading these quotes from NASCAR.com, is that she starts by throwing her crew under the bus. She had a solo crash after a tire went down. The team and driver knew they had a tire rub but “they said it would be OK.” For a driver with her years of experience to be unable to discern a deflating tire at high speed is simple incompetence. To put it off onto the crew’s opinion over the radio instead of relying on the feedback she is no doubt getting from the car is the epitome of her total lack of racing skill.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/11/19/danica-patrick-wreck-homestead-miami-speedway/

Winning teams are all about the driver/team synergy. If it ain't there, they'll have issues. She has just not got the right team to take her to the next level.

Maybe will never happen. Then it's just the story of another driver who almost made it ...

I suspect she has more racing talent in her little finger than I do in my whole body. As much as the top tier, prolly not...

But she has had a career in racing. How many of you'all can say the same ...

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
But she has had a career in racing.

It's not her "career". It's her horribly rancid personality. If she was even halfway friendly, instead of constantly complaining and blaming everyone else for her own shortcomings, she would have been far more accepted. No one likes a b!tch who is constantly on the rag about everything and everyone.

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Winning teams are all about the driver/team synergy. If it ain't there, they'll have issues. She has just not got the right team to take her to the next level. Maybe will never happen...

The “driver/team synergy” of winning teams involves drivers knowledgeable enough about their equipment and their craft to be able to provide usable FEEDBACK to the team in order to make adjustments to make the car faster. This, she has never been able to do and is the core of her failure as a RACING DRIVER. It ain’t there with Stewart/Haas (although they seemed to find it with Stewart, Busch and Harvick) because it’s the driver deficiency, not the team. The “right team” doesn’t exist unless you’re happy being “another 30th place driver”.

My irritation is solely due to the mismatch between her performance and the Championship level attention she gets. If Ricky Stenhouse showed up for the Indy 500, everyone would yawn.

Originally Posted By: billt460
It's not her "career". It's her horribly rancid personality. If she was even halfway friendly, instead of constantly complaining and blaming everyone else for her own shortcomings, she would have been far more accepted. No one likes a b!tch who is constantly on the rag about everything and everyone.

Which is why all the suggestions about her joining F1 were so laughable. Her attitude would have her in front of Charlie every week. She makes Hamilton and Vettel on their worst days (and Alonso and Massa on their whiniest) look completely magnanimous in comparison.
wink.gif

I believe F1 weight rules include the driver. So she would not have the HUGE advantage she had in Indycars where the cars are weighed empty. Sam Hornish, a former champion, quit IndyCar in part because of this inequity. He was killing himself to live at 150 lbs and D jumps in the car at 100 lbs. a 50 lb advantage over 200 laps at Indy makes a big difference.

That's right. She'd be competing with other featherweights, like everyone else on the grid. I bet she's no lighter than Massa. They want lightness for other things, not for the driver to be lighter than the driver in the next car, per se.

Hearing the media talking about her to F1 with Haas bringing in a team was just a huge laugh. The real F1 media never even addressed it, because it was gibberish. Zero points towards a Super License is a heck of a starting position.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back