How much fuel do use each month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not have any idea. I just gas the vehicles and go. The Generator uses about 15 gallons of propane a year just for automatic exercise cycles. Lots more if we have a storm, like it did for Irma.

Last edited:
I track the Prius on fuelly so I know exactly how many gallons we use, 20 per month. The Tacoma and GTO use about 20 for the whole year.

Last edited:
We are around 100 US gallons for both cars. I do about 60 miles a day and my wife does 40, so it adds up.
I should crunch the numbers on getting more efficient cars again.

Crunch those numbers and you'd likely find that it makes more sense to run out what you have.
Also, current models of the two you have are significantly less thirsty, although there is no longer an NA market Focus wagon.
For your next daily drivers, you'll need to consider purchase price versus fuel economy.
I also understand that you pay a good bit more for fuel in Canada than we do here.

Too much fuel I am sure. I run a lot of gas in my car. But I like it that way
smile.gif

I like driving around seeing places and it helps me relax.

From February to November, i'd say about 50-100L ( 13-26 U.S Gal. ) / Month, between my 2 cars, mainly from my daily driver Peugeot which gets 47 MPG.
From November to February i'm basically unemployed so it's entirely possible that some weeks i might not start either of my cars at all, and i'll just use my bicycle, however in these months i mostly drive around in the Capri, so no more than 40-50L ( 10-13 U.S Gal. ) / month in these months.

I'd stab at about 16*2*4.5 or about 135 gallons between our three vehicles, per month.

My wife uses a little less than a tank 12 gallon tank per week , cirt driving , in our little 2015 Chevy Sonic .

About 660 gallons of diesel per month at an average fuel economy of 15 mpg.
Since the hurricane hit Texas, the price of diesel has skyrocketed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back