Watch out for deer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deer hits will only increase, I noticed this trend when working at the insurance company. More cars on the road every year, and more deer. There are less and less people hunting every year, and with many areas designated as protected, their populations only grow.

Many people are so against deer hunting, but it keeps the population in check, and also prevents them from dying of starvation. Last winter in my area there were entire forests where all the bark was stripped off the trees about 6 feet up. There are a number of people who also feed the deer, which is a huge problem. It makes them associate neighborhoods and people with food, so they begin to live closer and hang around those populated areas instead of staying deeper in the woods. Every night I drive home I see at least one.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Lots of people in my part of "Upstate" New York (parenthesis used because upstate is a vague term) own Buick Regals.

It's as if I've seen that very car in that very condition 5 times before.

Glad you're OK.

I'm up near Utica, NY for work and they are everywhere when the sun starts to go down.

My wife got called to a deer hit once...Sauturn Ion hit one on I-395 running about 75MPH.

Double fatality, both occupants dead at the scene...the deer came through the windshield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back