Huawei Elate, Fantastic Cell Phone Value -- on ATT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total, Cost, $65.00 on sale, add $10. off sale :eek:)

Im LOVING my new phone. Dont get me wrong, I also loved my Alcatel Idol 3 with its JBL sound that beat Apple products.
But I crushed the screen, first cell phone I broke in 20 years.

Well, I moved on, even though you can still buy an Idol 3 its now getting on in years, on the fly,

I just picked up this Huawei Elate sold by ATT Cricket (I think also sold by ATT Go phone as the Ascend XT2)

Awesome phone!!! 4000 MAH battery is nothing short of AMAZING, OCTA- Core processor, 5.5 inch display ... and Android Nougat.
New model, just released! Freaking amazing gorgeous phone, oh ... and the price? Ha, a whopping $65. on sale at Bestbuy last week and Target and $75 off sale!.

Click here for YouTube Review - I agree with this guy ...

Nothing wrong with spending a $1000.00 on a phone if it makes you happy, but its just a phone and I have a problem giving grossly inflated prices for any product.

Background = my work place supplies me with a MotoG Force, and in the past, Iphone, still prefered my personal phone Idol 3 and by far my new Huawei Elate over the MotoG Force and past Iphones.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: alarmguy
Awesome phone!!! 4000 MAH battery is nothing short of AMAZING, OCTA- Core processor, 5.5 inch display ... and Android Nougat.
New model, just released! Freaking amazing gorgeous phone, oh ... and the price? Ha, a whopping $65. on sale at Bestbuy last week and Target and $75 off sale!.

Now you tell us, would have been nice to know about this last week.
smile.gif

How much storage do you need? I install a 32 gig memory card in all my phones and never come close to needing more but if so,one just needs to add a larger one...
32+16= 48 I wouldn't want that much stuff stored on a phone but if so add a larger card.

Last edited:
What phone did you get? I myself didn't know about this phone...got it on the fly,then researched it...first time I ever bought a phone in Best Buy :eek:)

Last edited:
How much storage do you need? I install a 32 gig memory card in all my phones and never come close to needing more but if so,one just needs to add a larger one...
32+16= 48 I wouldn't want that much stuff stored on a phone but if so add a larger card.

I was talking about the built-in memory. The fact that it has a memory card slot is a big plus.

My current 5X only has 16GB internal memory and no memory card slot, and I find that somewhat constraining. I'm actually starting to look for a replacement phone, but I'm on Verizon. The new Pixel 2 is nice, but too much money...

Huawei makes a lot of phones and is a top brand in markets outside of the US, I'm not surprised you're impressed by the device. There are a lot of good phones out there at a significant value if you're willing to skip the Apple/Samsung label.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Huawei makes a lot of phones and is a top brand in markets outside of the US, I'm not surprised you're impressed by the device. There are a lot of good phones out there at a significant value if you're willing to skip the Apple/Samsung label.

Yes, it seems you are correct. Its one of the top 5 manufacturers in the world and the US population is only a tiny portion of their sales and only a tiny portion of the world population.
I was surprised at the extent of their model line.

Terrific phone, just ordered another one from Best Buy, for my wife as her Samsung is getting a bit old now, she is into phones a bit more then me (simply because I work with technology all day and half the night and need a break from technology at times *L*), anyway, she is amazed by my new phone, that we paid the price we did.

Ugh.. If I could only get my darling bride to 'convert' to android. I just bought her a ~$500 iPhone 7 today to replace her 2+ yr/old 5s. As much as I liked my iPhones, I can't justify them for myself anymore.

Yeah, I saw that too, maybe he is just a spaz...no problem with the touch screen, just as good and better the the couple dozen phones I handle every week of all brands, some more then 10 times the price if this one.
Phone is real nice and fast,most people could maybe go over 2 days or the better without charging too,. and a full day for sure under extreme heavy use, which is awesome.
Took this phone off the charger 6.5 hours ago and still at 91%

Last edited:
What phone did you get? I myself didn't know about this phone...got it on the fly,then researched it...first time I ever bought a phone in Best Buy :eek:)

Still looking, any great deals still out there?

Wife has cricket, I buy her a phone at best buy each year.

Steer clear of Alcatel phones.

They keep pushing adware to the phone, so bad that I had to block it with a rooting type program, otherwise it would keep pushing brooms, antivirus agents, and other stuff to the phone.

I have it under control but the average user probably wouldn't figure it out.

It was killing her battery in 4 hours.

Now I have all the stuff blocked, it lasts a day.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

Still looking, any great deals still out there?

Read the first post.

Picked up a Moto 5G Plus 4/64gig unlocked for $225 a couple weeks ago. My old Alcatels were reliable as heck, but the newer apps I needed didn't play well with its version of Android. Newegg will have them (4/64) for Black Friday for $225.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back