Fridge Water Inlet Valve Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're little pilot operated diaphragm valves like are on a washing machine or sprinkler system. Likely you could open up the valve and clean it, but a new one is not going to be very expensive. A major leak would cause water damage to the house.

Originally Posted By: mk378
They're little pilot operated diaphragm valves like are on a washing machine or sprinkler system. Likely you could open up the valve and clean it, but a new one is not going to be very expensive. A major leak would cause water damage to the house.

Yeah this. If it leaks you are going to be in a world of hurt. Buy a new one.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: mk378

Yeah this. If it leaks you are going to be in a world of hurt. Buy a new one.

+1 And it would most likely leak when you are away for a while never when you are at home.
grin2.gif

I would just replace it. They are not expensive. The one in my 1991 vintage fridge stopped sealing well a number of years ago. The ice bin was a solid block, the freezer floor was ice, and water was flowing down into the fridge and onto the floor. If I hadn't been home it would have flooded my kitchen. Since the specific parts were no longer available I replaced it with a universal part for about $30. It was very easy to install. while I was waiting for the part to be delivered I was making ice using trays, but with the water from my R/O system. It was so much better than even the filtered tap water ice that even after I fixed the fridge I shut off the water supply and make my ice manually.

That seems to be it, right?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WR57X10051-Refrigerator-Water-Valve-for-GE-WR57X10032-AP3672839-PS901314-Pump/151854730320?epid=2254314352&hash=item235b3f4c50:g:gWwAAOSwXshWr4iA

Alright, so I installed a new part and so far there's no leak. Going to monitor it for a few days.

One thing, while water is being dispensed, can water inlet side where dispenser pipe is going can get a bit warm because of electrical flow?

Thanks again for all of your help and support.

Originally Posted By: WhyMe
i had the supply line rot on mine. thankfully i was at home when i noticed the leak. i think the clorine play havoc with the tubing

Honestly, in wooden house a fridge shouldn't have a dispenser. Lol

You never know what's going on the back of that pretty face, errr Fridge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back