Costco's Subaru pressure washer, yay or nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Originally Posted By: ford46guy

Want to rent a 2000 - 2700 PSI Pressure Washer unit at HD?

Rental Pricing for:

$55.00
4-Hour
(Minimum)
$316.00
Per Week
$79.00
Per Day
$948.00
4 Weeks

This tool requires a $100.00 deposit.
Last updated Jun. 30, 2017. 6:02 PM EST.

Alright, who is the absolute WINDOW licker who would rent a 2700 PSI pressure washer for a month at a cost of $948, when they could buy a very nice Honda with a cat commercial pump for less money?

Too add insult to injury, they also talk you into insurance for a few bucks a day. If it comes back broken you could owe for the tool. I did a few hardwood floor jobs and rented the stapler. I could have bought it for somewhat more but I really didn't want to be bothered selling it, I know I'll never use it again.

You could throw a new commercial pressure washer into the trash at the end of a month and be ahead of the game.

Then again, you can make the same argument about renting an apt/leasing a car vs buying, a whole other can of worms.

Last edited:
The main advantage to renting is psychological. It forces you to finish the whole job in one day as opposed to saying "I will finish the rest another day" which of course never happens.

In gas pressure washer consider Sae straight 30wt oil, do the conditioner in a can seal treatment once in awhile or youl be replacing the pump like me. take your time with the nozzles, you'd be surprised what it can cut through.. like wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back