2016 F-150 2.7 Ecoboost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see anything wrong here. This is still a "new" engine.

I'd recommend running a dino that meets Ford's spec; there are plenty. Then keep the OCIs moderate (maybe 5k miles for now). Let the wear stabilize. Then if you want to jump to a syn and run longer OCIs, that's OK.

I’m another vote for this engine is still breaking in. I hope the short trips don’t do too much damage, these engines like to be run. My guess the fuel dilution is from the short trips as well. If you took a sample after one of your freeway drives, the fuel % might be lower.

Thanks for posting...I like to follow the EB motors and how they’re performing.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Throw in a 5w40 porsche A40 spec oil and leave it for 7k

Killing that thing with the short OCIs.

M1 5w30 is a SS not a full synthetic.

In your opinion what is a full synthetic oil? Please define that.

XoM and BP have an OPINION on what is full synthetic. I haven't changed the past industry definition before the age of corruption and greed.

Group IV or V or a blend of these bases at 75+ percent.

What Xom have to say about EP formulation lately. It it a US or N.A only restricted market?

Last edited:
There’s a pretty good consensus that a 5W30 blend would be good. I happen to agree. Three good choices are Motorcraft 5W30 Syn Blend, Pennzoil Gold 5W30, or Valvoline Durablend 5W30. Run that OCI out to 5,000 miles.

Last edited:
How often is this engine "on boost"? I ask because I've done several samples of my supercharged 5.4 and I see slight fuel dilution numbers if I'm on the go pedal more and less if I granny it around between samples. If you're in the boost region quite a bit then I think it would be natural to see some fuel dilution as there is always some exchange of fuel/oil due to ring gap and extra fuel is added anytime the engine transitions from vacuum to boost environments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back