Liqui Moly MOS2 experience so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried MoS2 in a 150k+ mile 2000 Civic and 125k+ mile 2005 Vue with 2.2L ecotec.

No noticeable changes. Nothing. No mpg increase. No discernible "smoothness" or "quietness" difference. No change that I could tell. Not even a warm fuzzy feeling.
Tried a couple different times. Stopped using it.

I added approximately 1/3 of the can to the 99 Camry and the Prizm. The start up when cold in the Camry is slightly better, and it seems to idle a hair smoother as well. I do not, however, see any noticeable differences in mileage, power, or oil consumption. The Prizm has had no effect from adding the MoS2. Although, I did not use the entire can and plan to use some in the mower for next season.

I am not having a great experience in my 2015 Ram5.7l. Had start up and idle ticking (normal for this engine I have noticed on other forums) and also a high frequency vibration around 1600-1800 rpm on the highway. I added 300ml to 6.5 quarts of Valvoline conventional because of all the good reviews. After a 100 or so miles the idle is quieter and smoother, BUT, now my vibration has extended from 1500-2200 rpm. That's really bugging me. Do I blame the mos2??

Originally Posted By: Familyman
I am not having a great experience in my 2015 Ram5.7l. Had start up and idle ticking (normal for this engine I have noticed on other forums) and also a high frequency vibration around 1600-1800 rpm on the highway. I added 300ml to 6.5 quarts of Valvoline conventional because of all the good reviews. After a 100 or so miles the idle is quieter and smoother, BUT, now my vibration has extended from 1500-2200 rpm. That's really bugging me. Do I blame the mos2??

The 5.7L HEMIs from this era have a problem with exhaust manifold leaks (loose/warped/cracked). This can cause both of your problems. It is NOT normal (don't let the dealer tell you otherwise) and should be fixed under warranty. It will get worse. Also, in some states this problem will eventually cause the truck to flunk a state inspection.

I didn’t put any Liqui moly in this oil change since the SL M1HM 5w30 has some Moly in it
smile.gif
. Still running great with 0 consumption
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
I didn’t put any Liqui moly in this oil change since the SL M1HM 5w30 has some Moly in it
smile.gif
. Still running great with 0 consumption
smile.gif

It's a different kind of moly.

I always add 1oz MoS2 per quart to the oil I plan to use for top up. Just one of my "isms," I guess. Makes me feel better.

I also add it to the oil in the mower. M1 15W-50 with 1oz per quart, and it is dead silent while running. Night and day compared to the Briggs 10W-30 that was it in new. Probably due to the thickness of the M1, but I like having the MoS2 in there. I know mowers will run forever without oil changes at all but again, makes me feel better.

Have tried MOS2 in the past on Ram & Acura. Can not say it made any positive differences to justify the cost. I would rather spend the money on a better synthetic oil from here on out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back