Harbor Freight drills....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: LotI
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
20v Dewalt $99 on Amazon. 2 batteries, charger and case.
20v Herc. $109 before coupons, 1 battery, charger and case

Even with a 25% off coupon, the extra battery has to be worth something. I am assuming you'd have to pay for any sort of warranty beyond the 90 days too. Probably no aftermarket support either.

Coupons don’t apply many things, including Bauer & Hercules, among other things.

OP, consider buying factory refurbished as they are a great value. These guys do the most business CPO Outlets and I’ve had great luck buying Milwaukee M12 tools.

Like this...quite a few choices there....

Originally Posted By: HorseThief
.... His slang is so annoying! WTH is a 'chooch'?

Seriously - it really got to me bad, like I'm still thinking about it a month later at least once a day.

LOL! I know what you mean. I laughed so hard at first, but couldn't make it through 1/3 of the video. The term "chooch" I'm familiar with is (I'm assuming) a local to me Italian slang term for "jackazz".
laugh.gif

I wonder if that HF battery would work In a dewalt 20v tool?

I was able to pick up some Dewalt 20v tools on Kijiji for a good price. I like the fact that you can use a 1.5 to 6 amp battery on the same tool.

I think they are probably as good as (if not better) as Ryobi, lower tier DeWalt, Milwaukee or anything in that class. I do not believe they can compare with Milwaukee brushless fuel, Rigid 5X, DeWalt top of the line etc., but then again, i gave almost $200 for my 18v M18 hammer drill, which sees some heavy duty work like drilling 2-1/2" holes in concrete block walls.

I have the Bauer $59 20v drill/driver and I love it! Works hard all the time and never any issues.

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
Would it kill you to buy American?

That's so ridiculous and naive to hear these days. Nothing is sacred anymore when a large portion of US cars are made out of the US. So many of the folks that think they are buying american truly have no clue how the world works.

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
Would it kill you to buy American?

Says the the Canadian Camry driver...

I learned a long time ago that if i was going to buy American, i would have to do a lot of research, own fewer things, (as some simply are not made here), and be able to do less, because of the time involved. The US has made the "global market" decision, whether we like it or not, and i dont.
I buy the best i can find without devoting my whole life to the hunt, as it is futile.

Originally Posted By: MONKEYMAN
That is true. I made a cardboard funnel to put leaves in a trash can. Neighbour copied my idea and sells a plastic version in the hardware store.

True, so true, that why generic drugs and store brands ie; Krispy Rice never make it off the shelf!

I have a Harbor Freight Chicago Electric, (Chi-Com) cordless drill for a about a year now, and it's run well. Done everything I've asked of it. I only use it occasionally, so for me it's perfect. I don't need an expensive DeWalt or Milwaukee. It has really good power, and it recharges quickly. I think I paid right around $40 for it with a coupon.

As far as it being manufactured in China, I'm not seeing that as any kind of big negative. Most of the brand name stuff is as well.

Originally Posted By: EdwardC

I remember my first few AvE videos, felt the same way, but he really grows on you. Plus he's a really smart guy with pretty good videos, once you learn his vernacular.

AvE while smart for the most part, his hubris gets in the way too many times and when he does not know something, he makes it up and never corrects himself.

He is more entertainer than educator many times to be take seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back