LEO Hits 143 MPH in Dodge Charger chasing McLaren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HemiHawk
I thought officers weren't supposed to pursue up to those speeds?

AKA, call for backups and a chopper?

Now, if the lady cop, had... let's call it "practice" before, then more hats down to her...

But still: isn't 1-3 am the driving drowsy time?

Originally Posted By: pandus13

Now, if the lady cop, had... let's call it "practice" before, then more hats down to her...

Yea, I mean I don't know if its right or not. I just didn't think they were supposed to. It would seem chasing at these speeds puts the officer in danger, as well as others. Being that time of morning sounds like the roads were probably empty.

Originally Posted By: pandus13

Yea, I mean I don't know if its right or not. I just didn't think they were supposed to. It would seem chasing at these speeds puts the officer in danger, as well as others. Being that time of morning sounds like the roads were probably empty.

I believe that depends upon the jurisdiction. Every one having their own set of "rules" governing what they will and won't do.

I bet my rural area probably has guidelines for when officers can and can't put down animals--would guess that's a non-starter in cities. [Could be wrong. But just illustrating the point--I doubt many NYC cops have to deal with moose strikes.]

That's nothing, I hit 90 mph in my tired 83 Silverado with the 305, my life was starting to flash before my eyes, so I had to back her down
shocked2.gif
lol.gif

The Charger Pursuit package cars are factory limited to 155mph if I am remembering correctly.

I just bought a used 2015 Charger R/T Road & Track and I saw that the whoever had it before me (or someone at the dealership) hit 132 in it (It tracks top speeds)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back