Leather or cloth interior? What is your preference

Status
Not open for further replies.
For work = Cloth
For Pleasure = Leather

If I can park in a garage = Leather
If I have to leave my car outside = Cloth

I have a 2001 Forester with over 400K miles that has cloth seats... that is alot of seat time from myself and others before me.. its hard to get that many farts out of cloth..lol.

My Suburban with 250K has leather and farts just roll off..so no [censored] smell

Originally Posted By: krismoriah72
I have a 2001 Forester with over 400K miles that has cloth seats... that is alot of seat time from myself and others before me.. its hard to get that many farts out of cloth..lol.

My Suburban with 250K has leather and farts just roll off..so no [censored] smell

Lol.... Doesn't the leather smell like funky cow butt?

Originally Posted By: krismoriah72

You win. I could not agree more.

Cloth for me.

I think cloth is more comfortable, but I like the durability of leather and my last two cars have had it.
The RAV4 only came with heated seats if you got leather when I ordered mine, so I got leather.
I bought my FXT off the lot and it was strange to see it sitting there on the lot with every option except Eyesight, I think...I asked the salesman what was up with that car and he claimed that another salesman had ordered it all dolled up because they got great prices with their employee discounts, but left before it was delivered and they ended up being stuck with it. I have my suspicions that whoever ordered up ended up rejecting it because there is a prominent defect in the leather of the front passenger seat right in the middle of the bottom part of the seat, pretty much right in the middle of where one's posterior would be. I have heard people say that these kinds of splotches are due to barbed wire and I could see a buyer getting cheesed about it, but I liked that it showed that part was real leather (only some parts of each seat are in my car) and thought it was funny that it looked kind of like an anatomical feature of any passenger riding in my car that would end up in close proximity to the defect itself (trying to phrase this delicately).

One thing I really like about my FXT is that it has heated seats in the rear, which I think was not a standard option at that time for a Forester. Those get lots of use!

Last edited:
In sunny Florida leather can be alarmingly hot in the sun. But it seems to last longer in my experience.

We like cloth in our work trucks for its comfort and cleanability...

Leather. Easier to clean and is more comfortable for me. Although my old Cherokee has some sort of tweed that's probably the most comfortable non leather seat (or seat in general lol) I've ever sat in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back