What Gun Do You Wish Someone Made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
At least here the private citizen who put 2 rounds into the Sutherland Springs shooter is being hailed as a Good Samaritan hero and not another part of the problem.

While that's very true, it doesn't stop the gun banners from screaming for gun control 5 minutes after the last shot is fired. Regardless of who fired it.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Small 357 SIG carry gun. Not .357 mag, SIG is a different round but potent too. Would want form factor similar to my Walther PPS (i.e. slim slim slim), minimum barrel length 3.5"

The smaller radius of the 357 SIG round likely enable 8+1 capacity (single stack) vs the 7+1 of my current .40s&w PPS. 357 SIG is an overlooked but great defensive round.
Glock 33 Gen4?

We live in a time when the availability of firearm variations is unprecedented (in the U.S., anyway). It's pretty tough to come up with something you want that is not available (within reason). That said, I wouldn't mind these:

A reasonably priced 10mm carbine(never happen)

More longslide(read 6" barrel) double column auto pistols

Reasonably priced modern design non AR larger caliber semi auto rifles able to be configured for hunting and self defense

Originally Posted By: CCI
A small, light carbine in .45 ACP that didn't look like it came out of Star Wars or a tactical fantasy.

Originally Posted By: bigj_16
We live in a time when the availability of firearm variations is unprecedented (in the U.S., anyway). It's pretty tough to come up with something you want that is not available (within reason). That said, I wouldn't mind these:

A reasonably priced 10mm carbine(never happen)

More longslide(read 6" barrel) double column auto pistols

Reasonably priced modern design non AR larger caliber semi auto rifles able to be configured for hunting and self defense

I'm a fan of pistol caliber carbines as well.

I want a 10mm semi-auto carbine with a sporter stock. Bonus if it's a nice wood stock, a take-down design and/or used Glock mags. Everything seems so tactical nowadays.

S&W Model 16(or related) chambered in 327 Federal Magnum.

The last "new" gun made in this chambering was a Ruger Single 7 a couple of years ago. They made it in 3 barrel lengths, and I think set an initial run of 2000 in each barrel length. After calling several stores in town as soon as I heard about it, I managed to get one from the first batch in 5 3/8"(I should have just bought all three-the store had them in stock). That was the only store to get these.

I was told that demand was such that they made an additional 1000 in each barrel length. From what I've seen, the used market price has held steady on them, although I would not part with mine.

S&W made a model 16 in 32 H&R Mag. Apparently it received the same heat treatment as the 19, which means that the cylinder is MORE than strong enough to handle 327 Mag pressures. The K-frame cylinder is also-relatively speaking-quite long since it's a legacy design from the 32-20(one of the two original chamberings of the K frame) and the 327, although longer than a 357 Magnum, is shorter than a 32-20. I've known of many Model 16s in 32 H&R that have been rechambered for 327(all that needs to be done is cut back the throat in the cylinder to allow the longer cartridge) but I'd like to have an officially sanctioned one.

Unfortunately, I think 327 is a cartridge that may well has seen its peak in popularity(if you could ever have called it popular). The Single 7 in 2014 or 2015(I forget when exactly) caught some attention, but it still mostly fell back under the radar afterwards.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bunnspecial

The last "new" gun made in this chambering was a Ruger Single 7 a couple of years ago. They made it in 3 barrel lengths, and I think set an initial run of 2000 in each barrel length. After calling several stores in town as soon as I heard about it, I managed to get one from the first batch in 5 3/8"(I should have just bought all three-the store had them in stock). That was the only store to get these.

I was told that demand was such that they made an additional 1000 in each barrel length. From what I've seen, the used market price has held steady on them, although I would not part with mine.

S&W made a model 16 in 32 H&R Mag. Apparently it received the same heat treatment as the 19, which means that the cylinder is MORE than strong enough to handle 327 Mag pressures. The K-frame cylinder is also-relatively speaking-quite long since it's a legacy design from the 32-20(one of the two original chamberings of the K frame) and the 327, although longer than a 357 Magnum, is shorter than a 32-20. I've known of many Model 16s in 32 H&R that have been rechambered for 327(all that needs to be done is cut back the throat in the cylinder to allow the longer cartridge) but I'd like to have an officially sanctioned one.

Unfortunately, I think 327 is a cartridge that may well has seen its peak in popularity(if you could ever have called it popular). The Single 7 in 2014 or 2015(I forget when exactly) caught some attention, but it still mostly fell back under the radar afterwards.

I know you probably aren't looking at the Ruger LCR and LCRX .327 models, but what about the SP101 in .327? A little smaller than the K-frame, but a good little revolver.
http://www.ruger.com/products/sp101/specSheets/5773.html

STG 44 in a actual rifle cartridge.
It seems that alot of retro World War 2 guns are being made in .22 but so hard to find and get hold of.
I wish they would make a semi automatic .22 version of the MG42 belt fed .22. That would be really cool.
We need to repeal the full auto ban so we can import all these goodies back into the United States lots out there still sitting in warehouses packed in grease.
It was a shame Isis was using original German STG44 rifles out of a crate in Syria.
About $40 k each to a collector.

I know you probably aren't looking at the Ruger LCR and LCRX .327 models, but what about the SP101 in .327? A little smaller than the K-frame, but a good little revolver.

Thanks. I actually have one of those, albeit with a shorter barrel.

The beauty of a longer barrel 327 is that in a lot of ways it's almost a perfect varmint pistol.

Fast 32 caliber handguns are VERY flat shooting and pack a decent punch in terms of kinetic energy. They're almost an ideal long range pistol thanks to this also, but you have to have the barrel length.

While we're at it, I'd love a carbine on a 92-type action in 327
smile.gif

Thanks. I actually have one of those, albeit with a shorter barrel.

The beauty of a longer barrel 327 is that in a lot of ways it's almost a perfect varmint pistol.

Fast 32 caliber handguns are VERY flat shooting and pack a decent punch in terms of kinetic energy. They're almost an ideal long range pistol thanks to this also, but you have to have the barrel length.

While we're at it, I'd love a carbine on a 92-type action in 327
smile.gif

There's always the Blackhawk in .30 Carbine. I had one back in the '80's. Shoots very flat. Loudest handgun I ever owned.

There's always the Blackhawk in .30 Carbine. I had one back in the '80's. Shoots very flat. Loudest handgun I ever owned.

I've heard of the legendary 30 Carbine Blackhawk, and have thought more than once of picking one up.

One of the advantages of the 327 is that it's designed AS a pistol caliber, and in fact commercial loadings don't pick up much velocity beyond a 6" barrel or so and too long of a barrel is actually detrimental. Hand loading with Win 296 or another slow pistol powder(even 2400) does tip the scales toward longer barrels. I suspect that a lot of commercial loads use a powder somewhere in the range of Blue Dot or Herco-this reflects the fact that a lot of the guns tend toward short barrel CCW type guns.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but I seem to recall the 327 being quite a bit higher pressure than most of the common magnums. It's not in 454 Casull range, but is a fair bit higher than 357 or 44 mag. It's not exactly a quiet caliber.

With that said, I can only imagine how ferocious a 30 Carbine handgun is.

A rifle in 32 mag.I would take a single shot nothing fancy.

I always wondered why h&r or nef never produced a matched set of revolver and break open rifle.......probably executive stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back