LEO Hits 143 MPH in Dodge Charger chasing McLaren

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Police Officer Hits 143 MPH in Dodge Charger While Chasing Drunk McLaren 720S Driver

A few weeks ago I had a new VW GTI or maybe it was an R flying on the HWY. Seemed like he was going 150 mph. Whew! Then a few exits later I get off the hwy and pull along side the driver. Car had dealer plates on it but this was around 9 pm on a Friday night. Maybe a salesman taking it home. Young guy with eyes that looked HUGE prob from the rush. I was kind of ticked off and was glaring right at him but he wouldn't look over.

I don't see why this made news. Even in my 115 horsepower Jetta, I have done 120mph. A V8 better be able to go faster than my Jetta!

Originally Posted By: FordBroncoVWJeta
I don't see why this made news. Even in my 115 horsepower Jetta, I have done 120mph. A V8 better be able to go faster than my Jetta!

I crested 150mph just the other day...

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Originally Posted By: FordBroncoVWJeta

I'm wondering which is more impressive, 150 in your Porsche or 2 weeks ago I got my Jeep up to 100!
crackmeup2.gif

I'm guessing the 911 but the Phaeton might be able to do that as well.

edit: Here's a VW Phaeton doing 167 mph on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3HbEj4bz6Y

Another video on there has the V10 version doing 280 km = 174 mph.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

I'm guessing the 911 but the Phaeton might be able to do that as well.

My Phaeton won't do it. NAR models were limited to 130 mph - the Brembo option was not available.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I'm wondering which is more impressive, 150 in your Porsche or 2 weeks ago I got my Jeep up to 100!
crackmeup2.gif

I can tell you which one was safer...

crackmeup2.gif

I can tell you which one was safer...
Hey, my Jeep is a highly sophisticated machine! It's got 1 airbag! At least my face will be saved when the rest of the Jeep crumbles around me into a tin can.

Hey, my Jeep is a highly sophisticated machine! It's got 1 airbag! At least my face will be saved when the rest of the Jeep crumbles around me into a tin can.

I had one in Germany. On the Autobahn - pucker factor 5.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Roofless you were going 150 kilometers per hour.... Get your speed measurements correct
smile.gif

Haha, could be looking at the wrong part of the speedo.

I have been a bit over 160 mph in my sig car, but not without careful prep and 2 spotters on a desolate stretch of a toll road near here. Stock limiter kicks in at about 171-173 mph and the car will easily go 180 if you have enough road...

Last edited:
Can't say I haven't been there done that but young people do stupid things sometimes. But I didn't do it drunk. But then I didn't just go 155. Blue lights in the distance and fading fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back