Thanksgiving plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is everyone doing for Thanksgiving? Just ordered tickets for my mom and I to goo to the Turkey Night Grand Prix at Ventura Raceway. It is only the 2 of us and there isn't any family close and my one friend's parents we would eat with sold their house and are celebrating later.

Really excited for the race. Kyle Larson, Christopher Bell, Chase Briscoe, and Brad Sweet are some of the drivers entered. We got pit passes too so hopefully we can get some pics with the drivers.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
What is everyone doing for Thanksgiving?
... there isn't any family close

Same here.

No family near, and ex-wife has daughter this year.

I'll stay home and work on my shop.

I'll be at work.

Lots of folks want to travel over Thanksgiving.

We will have family to our house for a big dinner this Sunday, the 19th.

We're heading to Phoenix, only 100 miles, to spend Thanksgiving with my sister. Going early Wednesday because I just know there will be a bad accident on I-17 on Thursday, there always is on holidays.

Driving to and from ATL/GA to visit some friends.
We'll try not to get into food coma.

I'll try to stay out of the left lane....

Will put some miles on the Yaris (59,980 as of this morning), with all-season tires (7/32 front, 8/32 back) and after coming back, get the new Nexen winter shoes on....

In 9.5 years, this will be the first long trip for "Bluey".

P.S. you're lucky to have your mom close to you...

I'll be traveling with my 12 year old son to the BMX Grand Nationals in Tulsa, OK over Thanksgiving. Biggest race of the year.

Originally Posted By: pandus13
Driving to and from ATL/GA to visit some friends.
We'll try not to get into food coma.

I'll try to stay out of the left lane....

Will put some miles on the Yaris (59,980 as of this morning), with all-season tires (7/32 front, 8/32 back) and after coming back, get the new Nexen winter shoes on....

In 9.5 years, this will be the first long trip for "Bluey".

P.S. you're lucky to have your mom close to you...

You're going to drive from Chicago to Atlanta in a Yaris? You sir, are a road warrior.

Regular 5:00 AM to 10:15 PM schedule. Turkey breast,stuffing, scalloped potatoes, cranberry sauce. Maybe a glass of red wine. Come Friday, Nebraska is set for another big you know what kicking by Iowa and then it will be over. Convulsing over who will be next coach is increasing. Bo Bill need not apply. Solich doesn't want the job. I can't understand why anyone would come to Lincoln. Not even for millions, which is no problem. Bah Humbug

The wife and I don't have family in the area, but we have been invited and will spend the day with our good friends. We all will go for a long walk and visit a local pumpkin farm, then have dinner at the house. Then we'll sleep off the food coma and rest the day after. Maybe we'll go see a movie.

Headed to the inlaws Sunday so thought about cooking turkey per another's recipe which includes bacon and maple syrup on the top. Sounds delicious!!!

Heading to my Sisters. It will be nice to see my Sister and nieces and nephews, and it will give my BIL a chance to brag about his latest acquisitions.

First time since I met my wife that we don't have to go to three dinners. It's one this year and it's at night, so I'll actually be home during the day, which will be great. I'm looking forward to it.

Heading down to Denver NC to see mom and stepdad. Mom is home!
smile.gif

I’ll leave real early like 3am tomorrow morning and get there around 11:30-12 am/noon. Next Tuesday, brother and his wife and their two boys and Trevor the basset hound/lab mix will come down
smile.gif

Our normal Thanksgiving invite doesn't apply this year, so we will happily stay at home and quietly content ourselves with a Swanson Turkey TV dinner and a homemade pumpkin pie while we watch football with our coffee + sherry.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
I'll be at work.

Lots of folks want to travel over Thanksgiving.

We will have family to our house for a big dinner this Sunday, the 19th.

Thank you for working.

I try to thank anyone I encounter on holidays/ holiday weekends who happen to be working.

Dinner at my house Thursday. Going to smoke a turkey for mom, help her bake another turkey, deserts etc. (I enjoy cooking.) Probably going to help dad and my brother on my dad's project car. Maybe some shopping that night if we feel up to it. It's not a yes or no which is nice.

Saturday will be dinner with her family. I usually have a few beers with her grandpa, brother and BIL and talk cars, guns etc. as the women cook. I think am forbidden from helping, which is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back