Pretty ships in world of warships

Wow has it been tough lately in WOWS. Loss after loss after loss. My win % has dropped to a level I haven't seen in a LONG time (95.93%). I can take losing the high tier games with frequency but losing so many T4 and T5 games baffles me. They should be almost sure wins and it isn't that way anymore. Not sure what is going on either other than unbelievably bad play by some as well as more friendly bots on the team than I usually see. Friendly bots flat out are terrible and die right off leaving you out numbered. Add in people doing stupid things like shooting HE from their non British BB's at Everything and it leads to losses. It also feels like the bots got another buff in the recent patch? true I don't know but feels that way.

After 2 totally needless and painful low tier losses this AM that dropped me back under a 96% win rate (that I have worked really hard at getting back up over 96%) I Went back to my old reliable, can carry most any situation, and one of my favorite ships in the game = the T5 KM BB Konig. Was a good move.
lol.gif

Had a game where most of the team died off early, doing absolutely NOTHING (1 enemy sunk), leaving me and 2 other BB's against 7. They were together on one side of the map against 2 and I was alone on the other facing FIVE! I actually got 4 of the 5 and damaged the 5th before they finally showed up and finished it off. Man it gets old constantly being down like that. The player base seems to have got worse not better recently? I am not great player but at least I do my part. I feel alone in that lately. May as well play my high tier ships that are more fun and be the only human on the team as the low to mid tiers aren't fielding all human teams as much anymore and even when they do the players seem much worse than I remember. Better to be alone and take my chances.
lol.gif

Anyway, had one of my best ever Konig matches (think it is 2nd for damage).

saXY3Xe.jpg

iNcem3b.jpg

X7IbkIT.jpg

Time for another fleet update...

I have added my 2nd Premium ship (Premium = you buy with real money in the WOWS Premium Shop) to my fleet. My only other is the BRN T7 Premium BB HMS Hood. I had no plans, or any desire, to buy the ship I just did but they had a really good deal on it that included 2 permanent camo's, a 10 point Capt (special one), doubloons & credits, plus a month of premium time. The cost was very cheap for everything you get. I needed doubloons anyway so I just grabbed the ship. Even if I don't play it much it was a good buy and in WOWS you jump on such deals because there can be special events in the future that call for the ship and it costs a lot more to buy them then vs on sale IF you can even get them then (they routinely stop selling premium ships for long periods of time or even permanently).

The ship is the German(KM) T6 Premium Heavy Cruiser(CA) HSF Admiral Graf Spee. This ship is really a Battlecruiser or a Pocket Battleship. It is a Heavy Cruiser with 6 Battleship guns. So not a Cruiser and not a Battleship. As I said above I really had no desire to buy it. It has pretty good armor and torps but only 6 main guns ( a 3 gun turret front and rear ). It will play a lot like the KM T7 BB Gneiseanu I am sure and while I did good in that ship it wasn't one I really liked. But as said this was a really good deal and being a Premium ship it will make a lot of credits and XP/Free XP for me.

Also, this is the HSF version of the ship. HSF stands for High School Fleet. It is the standard Graf Spee with special camo and a HSF/Anime Captain. Other than that it is the same ship as the regular one. WOWS had a special event a while back called the High School Fleet and this is the Graf Spee that was in that event.

So as usual, the stats and port shots below and 1st battle results later. Being a Premium ship there are no upgraded hulls, guns, etc... to be had so it comes as is...

Ship: HSF ADMIRAL GRAF SPEE
Nation: German Navy (KM)
Tier: 6 Premium
Ship Type: Heavy Cruiser(CA)
Survivability(HP): 39,400 HP
Armor: 13-170MM / 24% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Maximum Speed: 28.5 knots
Rudder Shift: 8.2 seconds
Turning Radius: 680m
Detection By Sea: 12.7km
Detection By Air: 8.5km
Detection When Firing In Smoke: 9.5km

Main Armament: 2X3 283MM (1 turret front/1 rear)
Main Gun Range: 16.0km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 3.0 shots per min ROF / 20.0 seconds RL
Shell Dispersion: 170m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 8400 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 3200 damage (20% chance of fire)

Secondary Guns:
105MM = 3X2 (dual purpose)
150MM = 8X1

Secondary Gun Range:
105MM = 4.2km (dual purpose)
150Mm = 4.2km

Secondary Gun Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL):
105MM = 17.64 shots per min ROF / 3.4 seconds RL (dual purpose)
150MM = 8 shots per min ROF / 7.5 seconds RL

Secondary Gun Shell Type:
105MM = High Explosive(HE) (dual purpose)
150MM = High Explosive(HE)

Anti Aircraft Defense(AA): (Assorted caliber and types)
20MM = 10X1
37MM = 4X2
105MM = 3X2 (dual purpose)

Torpedoes: 2X4 533MM
Torpedo Reload(RL): 90 seconds RL
Torpedo Range: 8km
Torpedo Speed: 65 knots
Torpedo Max Damage (p/ torp): 13,700
Torpedo Detection Range: 1.3km

Mounted Modules:
Slot 1 = Main Armaments Modification 1
Slot 2 = Aiming Systems Modification 1
Slot 3 = Damage Control Systems Modification 1
Slot 4 = Steering Gears Modification 2

Camo:
The HSF Admiral Graf Spee comes with 2 Permanent Camo's. The 1st is the HSF Graf Spee Type 10 permanent Camo. The 2nd is HSF Admiral Graf Spee W207 Permanent Camo. Both provide the same benefits (very good for a T6 Permanent camo) but look different. (Port shots below of both camos). Camo benefits are...

-3% Detectability Range By Sea
+4% Dispersion to Enemy Guns
-5% Post Battle Service Fee
+50% XP Earned
+100% Free XP Earned

Mounted Consumables: (*)
Damage Control Party (stops fires and flooding + repairs damage to main/secondary/AA guns and torpedo tubes)
Hydroacoustic Search (like sonar - increases detection range of enemy ships and incoming torpedoes) (**)
Catapult Fighter (ship launched fighter plane - not very effective but helps some)
Repair Party (repairs limited amount of damage taken from enemy main gun shells)

* - consumables are manually activated special features. They have a limited active time then require a recharge period (sometimes lengthy) before you can use them again. All consumables have a premium version (II) available that cost resources and have to be purchased for each battle. The standard versions (I) are free and come mounted by default.

** - HSF Admiral Graf Spee has the option to mount Hydroacoustic Search -OR- Defensive AA Fire (DAF - this increases the power/damage from your AA) in the same slot. I have chosen Hydroacoustic Search as the ship's AA is not very good and DAF would not provide as much benefit. If the ship had good to excellent AA I would opt for DAF.

Captain:
The HSF Admiral Graf Spee comes with 2 Captains. A regular Capt with no points/experience and a special HSF/Anime Capt (Thea Kruetzer) that adds a special Captain voice (no special skills) and has 10 points to start. I have assigned the points as follows...

1pt = Priority Target (let's you know when you are targeted and by how many)
1pt = Incoming Fire Alert (let's you know when a ship targeting you shoots)
1pt = Preventative Maintenance (helps protect turrets and other modules from damage -30% to the risk)
2pt = Expert Marksman (main gun turrets rotate faster)
2pt = Adrenaline Rush (increases reload speed as the ship loses HP)
3pt = Superintendent (adds 1 additional charge to all mounted consumables)

W207 Camo (Port is Black Sea):
Bp2REfI.jpg

oSDVRwL.jpg

Type 10 (Port is Ocean):
Bbx7sJU.jpg

OKXqUvW.jpg

Last edited:
1st game in the books. Was okay and we won but I died early. As I usually do I pushed the envelope so to speak to see what it can and can't take. I charged the A cap alone even though there was a host of red ships approaching. The enemy Colorado lolpenned me for about 90% of my health and then I got into a situation where I couldn't angle to all threats and got taken out. Forgot I had a heal too as that is not a normal Cruiser consumable. Had I remembered I might have lived? The ship is pretty tough but it is still a Cruiser with Cruiser armor and I need to remember that.

Lucky we won as our Colorado decided to shoot HE at everyone. Oh lord how that drives me nuts. Flat broadside Cruisers and BB's at like 4km and he was shooting HE.
33.gif
I chatted him "what are you doing use your AP". His response was "I get fire damage this way". What a MORON. He could have instadeleted those ships with his AP getting a kill and far more damage than the stupid fires. The BRN BB's with their HE spamming playstyle are ruining BB play in this game. HATE IT!
mad.gif

Man is the special Anime Captain's voice for the Graf ANNOYING!!!!! Think 12 year old girl talking in Japanese! Why they have a Japanese Anime girl for a German ship Capt is beyond me.
lol.gif

So 1st game is in the books. Will post again after a few games so I can get a better feel for it. Also, I had enough XP after the 1st game to get a container. Hit on a super container and got 50 Camo's which was a good haul.

VTESTk7.jpg

GXVSNgP.jpg

MXAtOww.jpg

uLEzABQ.jpg

Last edited:
Time for yet another fleet update. They are coming fast and furious.
lol.gif

I seem to have stalled on BB's and have gotten more into Cruiser play of late. As a result I have completed the BRN T7 CL Fiji grind to the T8 CL Edinburgh. Although I have to say "grind" is not meant in anyway negative as the Fiji is a true joy to play and I will keep it always for sure. This is my 1st T8 Cruiser in WOWS.

Edinburgh is a slightly better Fiji but will face up to T10 ships so that concerns me. Facing T9 in Fiji was bad enough. While very good ships the entire BRN CL line is very lightly armored so you have to be careful. At least they have a heal and the T8+ ships have an improved heal so that is great news for the new Edinburgh.

As usual stats then port shots below. 1st battle results to follow when I have it. Ship is also fully upgraded. Transferred my Fiji Capt to it. Really excited to get started with it as I am now 1 step closer to the 1st ship in game, that wasn't HMS Hood or Bismarck, that I wanted = the BRN T10 CL Minotaur (see earlier posts by me in the thread about it).

And so it begins...
39.gif
lol.gif

Ship: EDINBURGH
Nation: British Royal Navy (BRN)
Tier: 8
Ship Type: Light Cruiser(CL)
Survivability(HP): 36,400 HP
Armor: 6-114MM / 0% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Maximum Speed: 32.5 knots
Rudder Shift: 7.7 seconds
Turning Radius: 680m
Detection By Sea: 10.2km
Detection By Air: 7.3km
Detection When Firing In Smoke: 5.5km

Main Armament: 4X3 152MM (2 turrets front/2 rear)
Main Gun Range: 15.4km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 8.0 shots per min ROF / 7.5 seconds RL
Shell Dispersion: 139m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 3100 damage
High Explosive(HE) = Not Available On Ship

Secondary Guns:
102MM = 6X2 (dual purpose)

Secondary Gun Range:
102MM = 6.0km (dual purpose)

102MM = 22.22 shots per min ROF / 2.7 seconds RL (dual purpose)

102MM = High Explosive(HE) (dual purpose)

20MM = 14X2
40MM = 3X6
102MM = 6X2 (dual purpose)

Torpedoes: 2X3 533MM
Torpedo Reload(RL): 72 seconds RL
Torpedo Range: 10km
Torpedo Speed: 62 knots
Torpedo Max Damage (p/ torp): 15,533

Mounted Modules:
Slot 1 = Main Armaments Modification 1 (helps protect against main/secondary/AA guns and torpedo tubes being damaged)
Slot 2 = AA Guns Modification 2 (+20% to AA gun range)
Slot 3 = Damage Control Systems Modification 1 (reduces risk of fire and flooding)
Slot 4 = Steering Gears Modification 2 (reduces rudder shift)
Slot 5 = Concealment System Modification 1 (+5% to enemy gun dispersion / -10% to detectability range)

Camo:
Type 10 Edinburgh

-3% Detectability Range By Sea
+4% Dispersion to Enemy Guns
-10% Post Battle Service Fee
+50% XP Earned

Damage Control Party (stops fires and flooding + repairs damage to main/secondary/AA guns and torpedo tubes)
Repair Party (repairs limited amount of damage taken from enemy main gun shells)
Hydroacoustic Search (like sonar - increases detection range of enemy ships and incoming torpedoes)
Smoke Generator (makes smoke screen you can sit in - invisible to enemy ships while shooting when beyond 5.5km smoke detection range) (**)

* - consumables are manually activated special features. They have a limited active time then require a recharge period (sometimes lengthy) before you can use them again. All consumables have a premium version (II) available that cost resources and have to be purchased for each battle. The standard versions (I) are free and come mounted by default.

** - Edinburgh has the option to mount Smoke Generator -OR- Spotting Aircraft (plane that increases your spotting and shooting range while it is flying - no offense/defense ability for the plane) -OR- Catapult Fighter (ship launched fighter plane - not very effective but helps some) -OR- Surveillance Radar (similar to Hydroacoustic Search but much more range - out to 9km) in the same slot. I have chosen the Smoke Generator to start as it has always been a big part of playing the BRN CL's from T5 on BUT WG recently nerfed smoke and increased the detection range of ships shooting out of it so it is not as effective. I may try Radar to see if I like it more?

Captain:
I have transferred the Capt from the Fiji to Edinburgh. The Capt has 11 points currently and isn't too far from 12. I am trying an AA build for Edinburgh as it's AA is really good so the Capt is spec'd for that. Might end up changing the Capt skills and even the AA Guns Mod in module slot 2 for a different build but this is how I am starting. I have assigned the points as follows...

2pt = Smoke Screen Expert (+20% to radius of smoke screen)
3pt = Basic Fire Training (+20% to AA gun damage - also helps secondary guns)
4pt = Advanced Fire Training (+20% to AA gun range - also helps secondary guns)

HMS Edinburgh (Port is London):
dsFNlZN.jpg

PK0DZk2.jpg

c591Vul.jpg

55YDfM1.jpg

zdqf0ha.jpg

cMcg1sz.jpg

Forgot to grab 1st game results for Edinburgh. Was not a big game. 37K damage, 1 cap, and 1 kill. Was also a win. Have played 2 more games in it since and tbh have struggled to deal damage. It is very similar to Fiji (exact same guns and such) so I should be doing better in it but am not? Best game was actually when I got pulled into a T10 match and I did 48K had a kill and held a cap until help arrived to secure a win.

I tore it up with Fiji but so far have not done as well in Edinburgh. I expected similar results as it is just a slightly bigger and slightly slower/less maneuverable Fiji but it has not turned out that way. 30K avg damage less p/ game and kills way down. It will come though I just need to play it more. I struggled with Fiji at 1st too.

A ship I do NOT struggle with though, and that I absolutely LOVE, is the French T7 CA Algerie. Man is it a great ship. Tough for a Cruiser and with guns that hit hard. Love it. Just had 2nd best game stats wise, although best overall IMO, with it.

Match was on 2 Brothers and was Standard battle. Ships were 4 Cruisers and 4 DD p/ side. There were only 3 humans on the team as well so 5 bots which is never good. I suggested we all stick together to defend base and cover the center gap at spawn but the other guys ignored me and each ran off to a different side as soon as the game started. I just don't get people that do this? Not sure if they think they are so great and the bots so bad that they can play completely illogical and be okay, they are truly that clueless and bad, or what? All I know is I see it a lot and it usually leads to a loss for me despite my best efforts. Today I overcame however and had a monster carry.
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
lol.gif

Our 4 bot DD's died in the 1st few seconds as did one of the human players without any real damage done or any kills. The other human player managed to get 1 of the enemy DD's as did the bot Kirov before they both died. I had got one of the DD's early on but I suddenly found myself alone vs FIVE! They came from both sides and down the middle all at once and charged our base. So I pulled up my man panties (
lol.gif
) and started trying to take out the ones who were hurt the most or closest.

I have no clue how I managed to take out a DD and 4 Cruisers all while they were in our base; with me going in and out and all around it, using the small islands for cover while reloading and to take away torp angles and such, trying to stop them from capping it. I was almost constantly in range, targeted, and dodging incoming shells and torps. It is for times just as this that I take Survivability Expert on my Cruisers in WOWS for a Captain skill. It adds 350 HP p/ tier (so 2450 for a T7). I needed them all.

I was on my last few thousand HP when I connected on a good shot to citadel and sink the enemy Kirov for the win. I have had other 6 kill carry games but can't remember one where I was so close to so many enemy ships, fighting in and around the base, for so long. Was awesome. I really like this French CA. Just an all around very good ship.
39.gif

YH373n9.jpg

nT1Klb9.jpg

LT7Pu7p.jpg

LhoqgKr.jpg

Starting to figure out how to play the Graf Spee. It is not easy due to just having 6 guns and even more so with 3 of them aft. It is not very well armored for a German ship either. But I am getting there. Just had what I would call a good game with it and 1st time I have finished 1st on team with it. It will never be a favorite but I hope to get to the point it is fun. This game was actually fun.

RHg0kVL.jpg

XLhthpw.jpg

4b8lQ0G.jpg

The Graf is starting to grow on me BUT these have been mostly Cruiser matches to be fair. Against BB's it is still outmatched. But, liking it more each game as I figure out it's unique playstyle...

WJdqiVG.jpg

anpnot5.jpg

lGmteh6.jpg

Starting to do better in Edinburgh as well. Getting more aggressive like I played Fiji is paying off...

reuKjqB.jpg

Gbji9hf.jpg

IPqj3ta.jpg

Been playing old reliable (KM T5 CL Konigsberg) a lot lately as T4-T6 seems to be the only tiers I can get a match in with all or mostly humans. Also, my win % has taken such a dive lately due to too many bot teams and totally useless human players (got as low as 95.82%) that I wanted to play some tiers and ships I know I can carry in if needed. So as said hauled out old reliable.
lol.gif

Just had this one where 3 of us spawned at C and the other 5 at A. Was me, a bot T4 USN CL Phoenix, and a T5 IJN BB Kongo. When the game started the bot and I moved up and then I noticed the Kongo turning and running along the back border for the large team group over at A. Chatted what's up and got some lame thing about need safety in numbers or some such ridiculous thing. From a BB no less who had 2 Cruisers for support right with him???? Just then 5 enemy ships appear on horizon and I sad Kongo I need you here - please stay. He said no bots cheat and ran. This was him =
27.gif
lol.gif
If he is afraid of T5 bots he may as well quit because he will wet his pants at higher tiers. (yes I am quite miffed
lol.gif
)

So the bot Phoenix and I took them on. The 2 bot Phoenix's took each other out with torps even though I tried to keep our bot alive leaving me vs a BB, 2 CL, and a DD. Old reliable didn't disappoint. I took all 4 out to seal the win while that Kongo and the rest of the team (5 ships) all ganged up to take out the other 3 ships (losing 2) then sailed in circles in the A cap.

Yup, old reliable is a great little ship.

7KSNyHf.jpg

zyziamL.jpg

92bD2lO.jpg

Time for yet another fleet update...
lol.gif

As I said up above a bit I have gone back to playing Cruisers more. As a result I am finally buying some that I have had researched for a long time but never purchased like the Pensacola. I could get the IJN T7 CA Myoko with a little Free XP but I am not a big IJN ship fan in the game so am holding off for now (but who knows what the future will bring
lol.gif
). I did however just buy the ship that I have had researched but not purchased the longest. The T6 KM CL Nurnberg. It is now in port.

Nurnberg is pretty much just a T6 version of the T5 Konigsberg. A little more HP, a tiny armor improvement, and the guns fire a little faster. Slight maneuverability improvement as well. Otherwise same ship just at T6. I do really well in the Konigsberg so hope to do the same in the Nurnberg. This is the last Light Cruiser in the WOWS German line. The next ship, the T7 Yorck, is a Heavy Cruiser with 210 MM guns.

So on to the stats. Ship is fully upgraded. Port shots below and 1st battle results will be posted when I have them as usual.

NOTE - the Nurnberg actually has 2 hull upgrades. The B Hull and C Hull. I have opted to stay with/run the B Hull. The HP and maneuverability are the same between them. The difference is the C Hull has an improved AA suite BUT you lose 1 of your 3 torpedo tubes p/ launcher p/ side. I would much rather have the torpedo tubes than slightly better AA. Big difference between 6 torps p/ side and 4 when taking on BB's. So the C Hull is researched (have to if I want to reach Yorck) but I have not purchased/mounted it. I am staying with the B Hull.

Ship: NURNBERG
Nation: German Navy (KM)
Tier: 6
Survivability(HP): 27,000 HP
Armor: 13-100MM / 10% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Maximum Speed: 32 knots
Rudder Shift: 6.1 seconds
Turning Radius: 720m
Detection By Sea: 12.6km
Detection By Air: 6.9km
Detection When Firing In Smoke: 6.1km

Main Armament: 3X3 150MM (1 turret front/2 rear)
Main Gun Range: 16.5km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 10.0 shots per min ROF / 6.0 seconds RL
Shell Dispersion: 136m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 3900 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 1700 (8% chance of fire)

Secondary Guns:
88MM = 4X2 (dual purpose)

Secondary Gun Range:
88MM = 4.7km (dual purpose)

88MM = 15.0 shots per min ROF / 4.0 seconds RL (dual purpose)

88MM = High Explosive(HE) (dual purpose)

7.92MM = 4X1
20MM = 4X1
37MM = 8X2
88MM = 4X2 (dual purpose)

Torpedoes: 4X3 533MM
Torpedo Reload(RL): 68 seconds RL
Torpedo Range: 6km
Torpedo Speed: 64 knots
Torpedo Max Damage (p/ torp): 13,700

Mounted Modules:
Slot 1 = Main Armaments Modification 1 (helps protect against main/secondary/AA guns and torpedo tubes being damaged)
Slot 2 = Aiming Systems Modification 1 (improves main gun accuracy and secondary gun accuracy and range)
Slot 3 = Damage Control Systems Modification 1 (reduces risk of fire and flooding)

Camo:
I have not purchased the permanent camo for Nurnberg and most likely won't. Nurnberg and Konigsberg are so similar I can't see keeping both and thus will keep Konigsberg as it is one of my favorite ships in the game. So the camo used in the port shot is a standard Type 2 ( must purchase with in game currency before each game/battle) that adds +4% dispersion to enemy guns.

Hydroacoustic Search (like sonar - increases detection range of enemy ships and incoming torpedoes) (**)
Catapult Fighter (ship launched fighter plane - not very effective but helps some) (**)

** - Nurnberg has the option to mount Hydroacoustic Search - OR - Defensive AA Fire (improvement to AA range and damage) in the same slot. I have chosen the Hydroacoustic Search as the ship's AA is not good enough to take advantage of Defensive AA Fire and Hydroacoustic Search is very useful when dealing with DD's and other Cruisers in smoke.

Captain:
I have transferred the Captain from the Konigsberg to Nurnberg. The Captain has 8 points currently. I am using a standard Cruiser Captain build. I have assigned the points as follows...

1pt = Preventative Maintenance (-30% to chance of damage to main/secondary/AA guns and torpedo tubes)
1pt = Expert Loader (-50% to reload time when shell type is changed while gun is already loaded)
2pt = Expert Marksman (increase rotation speed of main gun turrets)
2pt = Adrenaline Rush (-0.2% reload time to all armaments for every 1% HP lost)

KMS Nurnberg (Port is Black Sea):
6SXVMVx.jpg

uaoBGAi.jpg

fXPhxbX.jpg

IgqIXtt.jpg

d3uKY1t.jpg

RXtET2A.jpg

Last edited:
1st Nurnberg game in the books and it was classic Konigsberg.
lol.gif
It really is like a Konigsberg. I like the 6 second reload vs 7.5 second on the Konigsberg. That 1.5 seconds adds up over a battle. Felt right at home in the ship. THIS is what I expected going from the BRN T7 CL Fiji to the BRN T8 CL Edinburgh. Very similar ships and I expected to feel right at home but it hasn't worked that way. On This move up the tree it does feel the same. No learning curve or slight differences here.

So game 1 in the books and I look forward to many more...

UjcNnQv.jpg

3H7bx0p.jpg

aQV0gQs.jpg

Finally broke 100K with the HSF Admiral Graf Spee. Somehow despite taking out the 3 enemy teams BB's, not to mention killing 4 overall, damaging a 5th, and grabbing a cap, I only came in 2nd???
lol.gif

OMR3oAK.jpg

dpJyFeR.jpg

CFOATRV.jpg

Last edited:
Well, it is that time again. Fleet update...
lol.gif

I did something I almost NEVER do. Yes I have done it before but just a very few times. I used a significant amount of Free XP to get past a ship I hated. I just can not stand the BRN T6 BB Queen Elizabeth. It literally has NOTING redeeming about it. Usually I can grit my teeth and get through a ship but I found myself just not playing the QE it was so bad so I said screw it and used Free XP to jump past it to the T7 King George V.

Truthfully I have not been very happy with the BRN BB line. The Premium T7 BB Hood is amazing but the regular tech tree ships really don't do it for me so far. Spamming HE from the rear is a Cruiser's job not a BB's but that is how they play and I HATE it. Their AP is really bad and that is and should be a BB's main load. Not so with the BRN BB's through T6 anyway (T5 Iron Duke was sort of ok). So if the T7 is another one you have to run, hide, and spam HE with I am dropping the line.

This will be interesting to say the least as KGV only has 356MM guns which other nations use at T4-T6. By T7 everyone else is up to 380MM+. It also has a very short main gun range for a T7 at just 18.1km. I am thinking this will be a tough ship to play but we shall see.

So here we go. Stats for the KGV below and port shots at bottom as always. Ship is 100% upgraded. 1st battle results after I play it.

Ship: King George V
Nation: British Royal Navy (BRN)
Tier: 7
Ship Type: Battleship(BB)
Survivability(HP): 60,500 HP
Armor: 13-381MM / 24% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Maximum Speed: 28.0 knots
Rudder Shift: 12.0 seconds
Turning Radius: 790m
Detection By Sea: 14.1km
Detection By Air: 12.5km
Detection When Firing In Smoke: 12.5km

Main Armament:
1X2 356MM (front)
2X4 356MM ( 1 turret front/1 rear )
Main Gun Range: 18.1km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 2.4 shots per min ROF / 25 seconds RL
Shell Dispersion: 225m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 10,500 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 6100 damage (41% chance of fire)

Secondary Guns:
134MM = 8X2 ( dual purpose )

Secondary Gun Range:
134MM = 5.3km ( dual purpose )

134MM = 10.0 shots per min ROF / 6.0 seconds RL ( dual purpose )

134MM = High Explosive(HE) ( dual purpose )

Anti Aircraft Defense(AA): ( Assorted caliber and types )
20MM = 14X1
20MM = 4X2
40MM = 2X4
40MM = 6X8
134MM = 8X2 ( dual purpose )

Mounted Modules:
Slot 1 = Main Armaments Modification 1 (increases survivability of main guns)
Slot 2 = Aiming Systems Modification 1 (-7% main gun dispersion / -5% secondary gun dispersion / +5% secondary gun range )
Slot 3 = Damage Control System Modification 1 (-3% risk of flooding and -5% risk of fires)
Slot 4 = Steering Gears Modification 2 (20% to rudder shift time)

Camo:
Type 5 standard camo (have to buy each battle with in game resources to use). Not sure if I will like it enough to keep so not buying the perma camo yet. Just using this standard one for port shot.

Captain (9 Points):
1pt = Preventative Maintenance (-30% to chance of damage to armaments)
2pt = Expert Marksman (reduces the time for turrets turning)
3pt = Basic Fire Training (improvements to secondary guns and AA)
1pt is unassigned at this time

Port shots( Port is Saint Petersburg, Russia)...

EheqTGI.jpg

NC0wYc6.jpg

i4BErB8.jpg

OQ53qTR.jpg

XYTJJZ1.jpg

TZfiIvl.jpg

The T7 KGV is SO MUCH BETTER than the T6 QE. WOW! Now, it is only 1 game so I am not getting carried away. I mean my game was only so-so but it just felt much better than QE ever did. I am just simply talking about how the ship feels. It is pretty fast and has a decent rudder shift so you can get where you are going and it swings around and dodges decent for a BB. The gun turrets rotate very fast and that 25 second reload is awesome. Seems fairly accurate as well. The 356MM guns will be a handicap facing T8 and T9 BB's, sort of like how the 305MM's on the KM T5 BB Konig hamper it vs T6 and T7 BB's. BUT that fast reload and good ship speed will help. NO question a HUGE improvement over the T6 QE.
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

1st Game:
4qY2qNF.jpg

ihlBxVj.jpg

ePDeGT8.jpg

So, I am now 5 games into the BRN T7 BB King George V. Liking it so far. It is quick and maneuverable and the guns are pretty accurate. I really like that 25 second reload and fast swinging turrets. As I expected the small guns (356MM) are a handicap when facing T8 and T9 BB's but you just use the HE and burn them down in that case. I actually just had a game where I took on a USN T8 BB North Carolina and took it down 1 v 1 by setting it on fire and then chunking away with the AP until the fires were out then setting it on fire again. I prefer to just use AP and pound stuff but you have to use the HE and fire with the small guns on KGV. AP is great on Cruisers and does good on T5 and T6 BB's, ok on T& BB's, and lacking on T8 and T9. Just have to sue the HE more when bottom tier. Just so much better than the BRN T6 BB Queen Elizabeth. What a dog that ship was.

Just had a decent game with KGV so will start with this as my high score to try and break.

URElhF9.jpg

JFrWnlN.jpg

owq3C8a.jpg

Last edited:
Just got a new ship (info coming soon) but need a little Free XP to fully upgrade it so playing my BRN T7 BB Hood as it is a Premium ship and earns more resources. Just had a really good game where I pulled the team's chestnuts out of the fire yet again (
lol.gif
) so we could win. Was one of those quick games where everyone dies early leaving the enemy with a bg ship advantage. Was me and our CV vs. 2 enemy BB, 2 CL, and the enemy CV.

Had to charge the 2 BB's and 2 CL's, all while the enemy CV was attacking me with planes, to save our CV as they were going for it. Got them all somehow but it left me badly hurt. I then went looking for the CV and took their cap away on the way. Unfortunately, I was finally sunk by the enemy CV. Darn cyclone in this game and you can't see planes until they are literally right on you so no chance to dodge. Dive bombers got me 3 times and finally sunk me. Our CV got some torps into the enemy CV and sunk it to end the game.

I really like the Hood. Very good ship.

5cfvZkR.jpg

NvS6wvV.jpg

wYKHaXC.jpg

Ok, as said above it is time for a new ship in the fleet...

If you have followed along with this thread you might remember a while back how I dropped the Russian Cruiser line at T5 with the Kirov. Good lord what a fragile ship. Hands down the most fragile of any I have played including the BRN T5 CL Emerald and the USN T7 CA Pensacola. Those 2 are like BB's compared to the Kirov.
lol.gif
It had no maneuverability either so you couldn't even dodge shells or torps with it AND it was almost as big as a BB. Just a big floating target. I just couldn't live in it (died in 70% of the games I played in it). Ships like that just are not fun so I dropped the line BUT kept my Captain just in case I wanted to try again or for when WG comes out with Russian BB's.

The new ship is not the Kirov however. Good lord no (
lol.gif
). I will never play that again. I used some Free XP to finish off what was needed to move up to the next ship in the Russian Cruiser tree (only a little as I had some XP built up in Kirov and it isn't much needed to go from T5 to T6). So that is where we are. It is a similar ship to the T5 but it is supposed to be tougher so we will see how it goes. IF it is made of tissue like the T5, and maneuvers like a sea turtle in quick sand, I will drop it too. Hopefully I can make it work though as I am having a lot of fun playing Cruisers again and I have no other Russian ships at all to play.

So here we go. Ships is fully upgraded. Stats below then port shots as usual. Will post 1st battle results after I play it.

Ship: BUDYONNY
Nation: Russian Navy (RUS)
Tier: 6
Survivability(HP): 30,800 HP
Armor: 10-175MM / 0% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Maximum Speed: 35 knots
Rudder Shift: 6.9 seconds
Turning Radius: 710m
Detection By Sea: 12.7km
Detection By Air: 8.2km
Detection When Firing In Smoke: 6.6km

Main Armament: 3X3 152MM (2 turrets front/1 rear)
Main Gun Range: 16.6km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 7.5 shots per min ROF / 8.0 seconds RL
Shell Dispersion: 137m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 3300 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 2200 (12% chance of fire)

Secondary Guns:
100MM = 3X2 (dual purpose)

Secondary Gun Range:
100MM = 4.7km (dual purpose)

100MM = 15.78 shots per min ROF / 3.8 seconds RL (dual purpose)

100MM = High Explosive(HE) (dual purpose)

25MM = 6X2
37MM = 3X4
100MM = 3X2 (dual purpose)

Torpedoes: 2X5 533MM
Torpedo Reload(RL): 116 seconds RL
Torpedo Range: 4km
Torpedo Speed: 65 knots
Torpedo Max Damage (p/ torp): 14,400

Mounted Modules:
Slot 2 = Aiming Systems Modification 1 (improves main gun accuracy and secondary gun accuracy and range)

Camo:
I have not purchased the permanent camo for Budyonny and most likely won't. I can't see me wanting to keep it and even if I did permanent camo for T6 ships is not really needed. "IF" I loved it or something and would keep it and play it often I will get it but I highly doubt that will be the case. So the camo used in the port shot is a standard Type 5 ( must purchase with in game currency before each game/battle) that adds +4% dispersion to enemy guns and -3% to your ships detectability range.

Spotter Plane (ship launched Spotter Plane - increases main gun range while active)

** - Budyonny has the option to mount Hydroacoustic Search - OR - Defensive AA Fire (improvement to AA range and damage) in the same slot. I have chosen the Hydroacoustic Search as the ship's AA is not good enough to take advantage of Defensive AA Fire and Hydroacoustic Search is very useful when dealing with DD's and other Cruisers in smoke.

Captain:
I have assigned the only Russian Captain I have (kept in my reserves) to the Budyonny and respec'd him. The Captain only has 7 points but I didn't play a lot of Russian ships so it is the best I have. I have assigned the points as follows...

1pt = Preventative Maintenance (-30% to chance of damage to main/secondary/AA guns and torpedo tubes)
2pt = Expert Marksman (increase rotation speed of main gun turrets)
2pt = Adrenaline Rush (-0.2% reload time to all armaments for every 1% HP lost)

RUS Budyonny (Port St. Petersburg, Russia):

rJhIhaA.jpg

Etdk8E8.jpg

7gbZLtk.jpg

wBodjVX.jpg

0UxerfR.jpg

ovvehY0.jpg

Last edited:
Back