Yamaha NIKEN. What???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some riders were injured but they still wanna ride. Me, if my legs gpt trashed, I'd go for a T-Bucket over a trike.
More fun than you would guess!

Piaggio MP3, Quadro 3, Peugeot Metropolis... they have been there, scooter wise.
They did their duty. Now, Yamaha brings this technology to big wheels motorcycles.

And err, many LMW are rideable without motorcycle license in France, just a 7-hours certificate from a driving school if you already have the car license... this is the law flaw about 3 wheels vehicles. This is the reason why we see MP3 500c. Everyday everywhere

On the other side, ATVs are restricted to 15kw on road use, no matter what. Ewww...

Four forks to change oil and seals on (no thanks) and how the hail do you get to the valves to check lash with that width up front.

It is a cool concept however.

It looks like it still requires support (a leg or kickstand) to stop from falling over when not moving, judging by pictures in that link.

So it leaves me wondering what it's advantages are over a 2-wheeled bike.
confused.gif

Originally Posted By: MotoTribologist
It looks like it still requires support (a leg or kickstand) to stop from falling over when not moving, judging by pictures in that link.

Yes, it's got a kickstand...

2018-Yamaha-Niken-LMW-Details-11.jpg

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: MotoTribologist

Yes, it's got a kickstand...

2018-Yamaha-Niken-LMW-Details-11.jpg

for now...but it sounds like production will not. Last line in the article...

"And, I know for an absolute fact, the Yamaha Niken won’t have a kickstand."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back