Fram Ultra XG7317 - 12,049 miles - Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
591K speaks volumes to me. Have all your OCI's on that Honda been in this range?

The previous owner had the oil changed every 7 to 9k per the OLM, always at the dealer. Mostly with bulk semi synthetic but sometimes with Mobil 1 for some reason. The valve train looks nice and clean under the filler cap.

Ive continued following the OLM and I change it every 6-7k since my commute has a lot of stop and go daily. I aim for 15% but ive gone to 10% once.

The almost 600 k on an original engine stands out, but also the fact the previous owner had it dealer serviced with their oil and Honda filters. Don't know how long that was, but it is interesting.

Bought my `07 new in Jan. `07 with 3 miles on it. Only drive it about 2500-3000 miles a year. Change Amsoil SS 0w-20 or 5w-20 every other year. Been garaged or covered about 20% of the time.

In the fill hole it is as clean as new. I might increase OCI to 3 years.

Although reliable and good on gas. VERY BORING TO DRIVE! This is why it has so few miles. Plus I do not drive it in on salty winter roads. I can't have all of my cars destroyed with winter salt and brine.

Last edited:
On the original engine AND transmission? What was a Fram Ultra showing turned into a Honda Accord testimonial! LOL
13.gif
19.gif

Last edited:
How did you rack up that many miles in 10 years? Lots of highway driving? Are you also doing regular ATF drain and fills, even though the grenading tranny issue was fixed after 2005?

Filter looks good, Hondas tend to be easy on oil unless it's a VCM-equipped J35/J37 in an Odyssey/Pilot/Ridgeline or MDX/RDX/TLX. If it was me, I'd make sure the valves are adjusted and the EGR passages are cleaned up, many Honda techs told me weird things can happen if the passages are clogged, I'm not sure if there's knockout plugs in the intake manifold that can be drilled out and brushed out using a rifle brush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back