2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: StevieC
What I am saying is that Chrysler didn't say to specifically use Donut Foundation (API) certified oils only. Only oils meeting the spec MS-12633 which shown above 0w40 (AZF) meets according to Amsoil. They are only recommending the use of Pennzoil / Mopar oils

Dude, it also says API SN and SM ON THE SAME LINE. AMSOIL is saying the same thing for EVERY SINGLE APPROVAL in that chart. Those are RECOMMENDED APPLICATIONS by AMSOIL, they are not in any way an indication of formal approval.

It says that meet the API SN. It doesn't say certified API SN.

Amsoil claims to meet API SN. Not claiming to be certified API SN. Which Chrysler didn't clearly word as being "REQUIRED" only "MEETING"

As for builder.. If M1 said that MS-12633 was a builder approval only then Chrysler would be up the creek the same as the use of Amsoil because it isn't a requirement that the oil used is API Certified SN. Only that it "meets" API-SN standard.

It says that meet the API SN. It doesn't say certified API SN.

Amsoil claims to meet API SN. Not claiming to be certified API SN. Which Chrysler didn't clearly word as being "REQUIRED" only "MEETING"

If it meets SN, it would have the donut on it, look at the earlier screenshot from Mobil's website. The official language for having API SN is "meets". The same goes for the Ford approvals and the Chrysler approvals.

None of the Signature Series products meet SN; none of them are formally approved by the API, they can't be due to their additive levels. Ergo, anything on those lines in those tables are recommendations.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
If Amsoil claims that they meet said spec of MS-12633

But Amsoil does not claim that they meet it.

They do I posted a link above.

https://www.amsoil.com/lit/databulletins/g2880.pdf (PAGE 4)

When Amsoil actually meets a spec, they note it differently, like here, for example (Manufacturer Approvals):

26667413909_7b24e1bab3_o.png

https://www.amsoil.com/lit/databulletins/g3395.pdf

And it starts off by saying... "For best performance and maximum protection the manufacturer only recommends...." It's all the same paragraph.

Then in the next paragraph they start again by saying... "The manufacturer Recommends"

They would never be able to hold an owner accountable that used a non API licensed oil claiming to meet MS-12633 specification because they only made recommendation instead of saying. You must only use an API certified oil conforming to specifications SN & MS-12633.

That's what is missing and that is what I'm pointing out.

Last edited:
QP, Their XL line of oils are API certified oil. That's not what I'm saying here.

The lines that specifically state "Manufacturer approvals" in the pic QP posted are what he's referring to.

And it starts off by saying... "For best performance and maximum protection the manufacturer only recommends...." It's all the same paragraph.

Then in the next paragraph they start again by saying... "The manufacturer Recommends"

They would never be able to hold an owner accountable that used a non API licensed oil claiming to meet MS-12633 specification because they only made recommendation instead of saying. You must only use an API certified oil conforming to specifications SN & MS-12633.

That's what is missing and that is what I'm pointing out.

It is the subsequent two sections with the firmer language with respect to MS-12633 that are the concern, which I already touched-on in detail earlier.

Last edited:
See whats different here... USE ONLY OILS CERTIFIED BY THE API...

Yes, but Chrysler isn't calling for the API approval as a requirement, only a recommendation. If it was the only requirement, Mobil 1 FS 0w-40 would be recommended by Mobil, but it isn't. They are calling for the Chrysler approval, which Mobil (and everybody else it would seem) doesn't have, which is why Mobil's oil tool doesn't recommend their 0w-40 for this application.

We have seriously derailed this guy's thread now though.

OP: I apologize. If you are comfortable running the AMSOIL 0w-40, it is an excellent product, and I'm sure AMSOIL will stand behind it in the event that you do have any issues.

Also, I use the AMSOIL filters on my SRT, I believe they are better quality than the SRT filters.

Keep going. Next two sections. I already covered this though, in detail, in a post earlier. Instead of continuing to destroy this thread, go back and read that post where I covered the language of all of those paragraphs. If you still disagree, that's fine, but I already covered it.

Then in the next paragraph they start again by saying... "The manufacturer recommends"

Anything they say or specify after starting with "recommends" is now no longer a "requirement" because they are just elaborating on their recommendation.

They would need to specify API certified oil only like the above example from an Ecoboost owners manual.

... And yes sorry to the OP. I'll leave it here and agree to disagree with you OVERKILL.

Last edited:
QP, Their XL line of oils are API certified oil. That's not what I'm saying here.

Then what are you saying here?

FYI, you can claim API compliance by self-certification. You pay a license fee, and off you go.

With a manufacturer approval, you can't do that. You actually have to prove it.

What I was getting at QP is they have paid for certain certifications mainly for their XL line to satisfy owners that wanted to run Amsoil during their warranty periods where only API certified oils were called for.

What I was arguing with Overkill is that Chrysler in this instance can't enforce their position should something happen where an non API licensed oil was used when they are simply making recommendations and not specifically calling for only the use of API licensed oils such as the Ecoboost manual example I posted.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
What do those 1/8 mile time equals in 1/4 time ?

https://www.google.ca/search?client=opera&q=1%2F8th+mile+time+to+1%2F4&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

So about 7.96 1/4 mile time.
crazy2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
What do those 1/8 mile time equals in 1/4 time ?

Should be a high 10 second run high 120s mph trap speed. I don't have a 1/4 mile track near me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back