Vacuum blender...anyone have one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a failed attempt at the Kitcehaid Torrent drive magnetic blender, we've decided to replace it with something else.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthr...ve_#Post4407785

Everything was fantastic when we first got it. Then after a while there was a certain "gravely" sound that only got worse
as the blender picked up speed. Those 6am smoothies became ear piercing! Luckily the store where I bought it gladly gave me
a refund despite losing my receipt.

After researching several blenders the vacuum blender seems to be the new "it" blender.

The one I'm looking at is the Kuvings https://www.shopkuvings.com/products/kuvings-vacuum-blender-sv-500 , but sadly I dont' see any reviews for them (yet).

Does anyone else have any info/feedback on what to look for?
I could honestly go with a Vitamix, but this vacuum blending seems far healthier considering it's not whipping air into the
fresh produce, thereby causing it to degrade faster.

thanks in advance

CO2 filling your existing blender might give the same alleged benefits?

Another use for nitrogen?

(Probably not butane)

I went Vitamix I'd never look at anything else again. The one you posted looks interesting

Last edited:
I have a Ninja and it was affordable and durable. I use it almost daily and have been for 5 years. It's 1/3rd the cost of a Vitamix.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I have a Ninja and it was affordable and durable. I use it almost daily and have been for 5 years. It's 1/3rd the cost of a Vitamix.

Yep same. Dont think id ever spend 500 on a blender. My folks are still using a 20 year old blender..what has changed with blender technology that now requires spending 500$ for one???!! Companies are selling us junk and ripping us off. The Ninja I bought was 88$ at walmart still alot but after an awful 20$ black and decker unit thats what i got based on reviews. Only thing I hate about it is the plastic container. Blended ice in a smoothie and the plastic appears to have abrasion marks. Ninja provided me with a one time free replacement. Decent service but i suspect same issue will reoccur. Next time I think I will opt for something with a glass jar, power and a good warranty.

Vitamix. Nothing better available to retail. Expensive but like other super high qaulity items buy once and done.

Yeah, my mom has had the same heavy duty stainless steel with spigot vitamix since the 70's. I can recall her making me various juices as a child. She still hses it fairly regularly.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cashmoney
Vitamix. Nothing better available to retail. Expensive but like other super high qaulity items buy once and done.
100% agree it's pricey but glad I took the leap.

The “vacuum” aspect might well be pure marketing [censored]. Yes, oxygen might degrade the nutrients in the smoothie over time, but it doesn’t seem likely if you drink it fresh.

Originally Posted By: Fsharp
The “vacuum” aspect might well be pure marketing [censored]. Yes, oxygen might degrade the nutrients in the smoothie over time, but it doesn’t seem likely if you drink it fresh.

I think you might be right.

Decided to take the plunge on a Vitamix 750 professional.
Even at moderate speeds, it's far quieter than the previous high power blenders.

My best analogy is to compare using a V8 vs a 4 cylinder engine. A V8 powers along effortlessly, while the 4 cyl will struggle and scream at any speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back