2013 Ford Fiesta 15,000 mile OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might have to open the longest run leader board thread again (for dad)
wink.gif

Wow !!! Good report.

M1 5W20 EP for 15,000 miles producing 12 ppm iron wear metals and a TBN of 2.8 is great. The finishing KV100 of 8.43 cSt looks OK to me.

The oil looks good too: 89 ppm Moly plus a healthy 890 ppm Zinc.

Nice work.

Very nice report.i should have a uoa myself by now from almost the same engine (without the variable cam timing) after 12.000km and 2 years using Mobil 1 0w30 fuel economy from my Ford but I am recovering from a motorcycle accident which happened days before the oil change ... So next year. Those engines designed by Yamaha are little diamonds.

Not sure what that means but I’d sooner go 15k on M1 EP than a small MC filter … but 10k or OLM are my personal limits …

I have very little data on this engine, but I must say, if they all performed like yours, it would be a boon for Ford!
The wear is incredibly low, the contamination nearly non-existent, and the oil characteristics (vis, FP, etc) all good.

17k miles easily; 20k is not out of the question by any means.
It's out of warranty, so there's not a lot of risk from that standpoint.

Absolutely no reason (other than typical fear mongering) to not extend out further. That is one stout little engine you have there.

Those Ford NA 4 cylinder engines seem to wear (or not wear) very well....It's a shame that the DCT (A/T) was so trouble prone......that's why I bought a 5 speed M/T in my 14' Focus....

Don't understand those high TBN numbers so late in the cycle. If the basic chemicals aren't used up by then, then when?

My daughter has the same car. I go the Ford recommended 10k with PP and a Mobil 1 filter and get good UOA's. A lot of Ford engines don't seem to be hard on oil.

This has got my interests peaked. I drive roughly 40k per year. Im thinking that M1AP may in fact be the 20k solution. I could change the oil, oil filter and air filter all at the same 20k interval...doesn't get any cleaner than that!

Are you a lightfoot driver harboz? Doesn't appear you pushed this engine hard at-all.
Do you drive 40 in a 45MPH zone and takes forever to get across the intersection after the light changes to green?

Just messing /playing with you my friend. Real nice report and thanks for sharing this UOA.
I have a couple jugs of QS Synthetic to use-up yet.

Based on Blackstone's data, this is most likely a testament to the oil.

I've never used Mobil 1 oil myself so no fanboy here....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back