Landis Wins Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's innocent. I would look at those testing and the tests involved just as scrupulously as this athlete.

He could always "chuck a Warnie"..."My Mum thought I was fat and gave me some tablets. I didn't know what they were".

apparently the total testosterone level is low, it's his testosterone/epitestosterone ratio that is out.

Also, apparently no one has ever been convicted on this charge as it is hard to determine what is 'normal' and 'abnormal'.

Just how bad do the euros not want the winner to be 'merican? Cheating takes place a ALL levels in sports and other human activities.

My fav remains the French figure skating judge.

quote:

Originally posted by sprintman:
Many if not most sports 1st offence 2yr ban. Wendell just got two years for Coke positive. From Wallaby to nobody just like that. Dumb!

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19930629-23217,00.html

I am guessing here that your "football" is either Rugby or Soccer? Cocaine is serious of course and I am not downplaying it but it is not necessarily a "performance enhancing" drug which is more widely "accepted" than those drugs commonly associated with criminal activity.

I think he's innocent. I've even heard today that he had a few beers the night after he cracked on the mountain stage, & that alcohol consumption can cause the testosterone/epitestosterone level to be out of balance. I think in the end this will prove to be a charge that cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

The sad thing for Floyd is that even if he is finally proven innocent, there will always be an asterisk by his TDF win.
frown.gif

Here's to hoping you're truly innocent, Floyd. Keep the rubber side down!
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
Just how bad do the euros not want the winner to be 'merican?

Seems to be the common theme for all the ills of the world, doesn't it ?

You guys are really insecure, aren't you ?

I never said anything about curing the ills of the world.

No, not insecure. Just trying to keep a level playing field. Maybe as an Aussie you don't notice the anti-US bias from portions of Europe. Trade "agreements" come to mind. The treatment of Microsoft in France is classic....but there I go trying to cure the ills of the world
smile.gif

If Landis was doping - then good bye! But let's look at this objectively. Testosterone just doesn't show high on one day only....the guy was doing some allowed meds, etc..

Trade agreements we have also...At least we get to bring our own barrel to bend over.

I've no sympathy for drug cheats in any sport. I've less sympathy when our (Oz) sanctioning bodies accuse everyone else of cheating, then let our athletes with banned substances slide.

trade agreements go the other way too, Pablo. We're often on the end (or on the middle) of US Ag subsidies and quotas, so we're probably just as guilty of an anti-US bias there, but I'd really like to give Floyd the benefit of the doubt.

"Americans would never cheat!"

Your right. And I believe test results will show him innocent.

Since I started this thread, I will be the one to close it while it is still on an even keel.

grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back