Kit plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given having the money, time and location with resources, what kitplane would you build?

My requirement would be 2-place, efficient, some luggage and range...oh and fun to fly.

Being an EAA member i've seen plenty of kits completed, and plenty of do's and dont's. First check out kit plane magazine in the annual issue. It gives a rundownof each kit and how many are flying. I personally like the GP4, or turbine legend. Several companies have a few or no flying examples of their kits due to complex and poorly drawn instructions. Two, wood, fiberglass/ carbon fiber, and metal kits all have their up and downs.

I have always liked the classic KitFox. Lots of places around here to put down and picnic, or fish.

And I have space to build one at my warehouse of junk, which, conveniently, borders the local airport. But ALL my tools were stolen ( hauled off in my truck ) at the last break in.

And I really need three seats ( two normal adults, one kid ). I have a son in law with two young boys interested in aviation, so I guess I really need a small fleet.

Buy someone's abandoned kit and finish it
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Buy someone's abandoned kit and finish it
smile.gif

This is almost always the most economical plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back