2003 Oldsmobile ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Run away, That car is a POS...Had 2 friends that had aleros 2002 and 2004, pure garbage. Both of them had the timing chain tensioner fail on the 2.2

Electrical problems, fuel pumps and it wouldn't start sometimes because of the passlock anti theft

KBB lists the value at about $2200 for very good condition and $2400 for excellent condition. It looks clean. If you could get it for somewhere in that price range, I'd go for it.

I've been driving an '03 Alero for almost 14 years. Over 210,000 miles. I've had to fix a few things. Replaced the AC compressor a couple years ago. Replaced a front hub assembly due to a worn bearing. Had to have the head gaskets replaced. This was a real common problem on the 3400 V6. Replaced the cat.

The interior has held up excellent. Seats are in excellent condition. Carpet is in very good condition. Door panels and instrument panel are in very good condition, except for the passenger airbag cover. It came off a few years ago.

Originally Posted By: rocky8314

Electrical problems, fuel pumps and it wouldn't start sometimes because of the passlock anti theft

Oh yeah the N-bodies were turds though the alero might be the least rotten apple. BIL had a malibu, gah, it was horrid! I helped him outwit his passlock though by cutting "the yellow wire".

$1,000 in good shape with normal mileage. Maybe $500 with the abnormally low mileage because that always means problems.

Value for that car is anywhere between $1900-2300. I wouldn't pay a dime over $2300 and realistically I'd walk away unless I could A) get it for $2000 or B) I needed a car ASAP and this was the only reasonable option around. Either way, I think you and the seller are too far apart. They clearly value the low miles more than the car is actually worth.

For a minute there I thought he might have been talking about the Aurora. I was thinking about getting one years ago. I think they stopped making them in 2003, but I liked the 2000-2003 body style. Plus they were somewhat loaded compared to an Alero. There are some 2003's out there in the 3-4k range.

Originally Posted By: sirgerman
I am not paying $3300, probably $2500 is the car is ok

That's sounds better. It's still an old car with old car problems regardless of miles. IE, brake, fuel lines, oil leaks and the list goes on.If any of these need attention, I would keep lookin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back