'16 escape 2.5L M1 5w30 6.3k miles 0% oil life

Status
Not open for further replies.

pb

2016 ford escape SE, 2.5L I4, TG3614, 2nd oil change, 0% engine oil life remaining, 35% highway.
analysis performed by wix/ ALS.

Code:

OIL M1 5W30

MILES IN USE 6340

O&F CHANGED Y

MILES 8112

MAKEUP OIL 0

EOLR 0%

SAMPLE TAKEN 23-AUG-2017

LAB ALS

IRON 10

CHROMIUM 0

NICKEL 0

ALUMINIUM 5

COPPER 18

LEAD 0

TIN 2

CADMIUM n/a

SILVER 0

VANADIUM 0

SILICON 17

SODIUM 5

POTASSIUM 5

TITANIUM 0

MOLYBDENUM 73

ANTIMONY n/a

MANGANESE n/a

LITHIUM n/a

BORON 46

MAGNESIUM 593

CALCIUM 1084

BARIUM 0

PHOSPHORUS 622

ZINC 743

WATER 0

cSt @ 212ºF 9.4

FUEL 3.2%

TAN 2.27

TBN 3.5

OXIDATION n/a

NITRATION n/a

Those are nice vehicles My neighbor has one and I really like the car.

I really like that 2.5 L engine in the escape. Now Ford only offers it in the cheapest model. To bad for Ford I won't buy an inline 4 with a turbo. They appear to have to many issues in my opinion. Looks like your fuel dilution is a hair high.

Last edited:
Wear metals and TBN look good.

Just a couple observations/questions:

1) As this is a normally-aspirated engine isn't 5w-20 the recommended viscosity?

2) That's a lot of fuel dilution for a port-injected, na engine. Maybe there was a lot of short-tripping just before sampling? Viscosity looks low for a 5w-30 in this application, too.

I don't believe that's a DI engine, I wonder why you are showing a fuel dilution of 3.2%. Those Ford port injected engines usually show minimal if any fuel dilution. The cST is still in the 30 wt category, but not by much. Yet you are showing a decent TBN of 3.5. I guess Fuel dilution and TBN don't necessarily track together. Otherwise the Mobil 1 5W-30 held up decently for 6,300 miles since 65% of you driving is 'local".

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: Danh
Wear metals and TBN look good.

Just a couple observations/questions:

1) As this is a normally-aspirated engine isn't 5w-20 the recommended viscosity?

2) That's a lot of fuel dilution for a port-injected, na engine. Maybe there was a lot of short-tripping just before sampling? Viscosity looks low for a 5w-30 in this application, too.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
You beat me by 10 minutes, I'm getting old and slow
grin2.gif

Whimsey

I also have a 2016 Escape with the 2.5....We like it a lot.
I've been using 5w20 exclusively because I have a lot of it, Ford spec's it, and the 5.7 quart sump should allow for 5 to 6K OCI's on semi-syn easily.
Is 18 ppm of copper normal?

Looks good - I think you could have gone longer, but just follow the OLM while it's under warranty.

thanks for all the comments.
yes i too believe there are longevity issues with the EBs. this NA engine sample is encouraging if i get a transit connect- i like to keep my work vehicles.
regarding the fuel dilution, my mother drives this. she drove about 45 minutes (highway) direct to me for the oil change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back