What to do with my left over oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
This is why I like buying quart bottles
smile.gif

Costs more that way.

Mix and use as top-up oil near the end of an OCI.

I use full synthetic ($$) so I squeeze out every drop when I do the oil change! LOL
nothing wasted!

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: earlyre
Originally Posted By: 2012AccentSE
5k interval ok for mixing it and using it all?

it will be fine. they are designed to mix. i do this myself. keep an old 5qt jug around, and add the leftovers from oil changes (pint or less normally), and when it gets to 4.5 qts in the jug, Woohoo! "Free" oil change!
even sent the first such batch in for a UOA before running it.
they(blackstone) saw no issues with it.

Do you happen to have that UOA still?

umm somewhere... and clearly i meant VOA, since it was before running the oil...

here's the original thread.
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthr...mp;#Post3167824

looks like my pic version of it (in the thread) isn't working anymore, but the link to the pdf in the second post does.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: 2012AccentSE
5k interval ok for mixing it and using it all?

it will be fine. they are designed to mix. i do this myself. keep an old 5qt jug around, and add the leftovers from oil changes (pint or less normally), and when it gets to 4.5 qts in the jug, Woohoo! "Free" oil change!
even sent the first such batch in for a UOA before running it.
they(blackstone) saw no issues with it.

Do you happen to have that UOA still?

umm somewhere... and clearly i meant VOA, since it was before running the oil...

here's the original thread.
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthr...mp;#Post3167824

looks like my pic version of it (in the thread) isn't working anymore, but the link to the pdf in the second post does.

As did I.

Because clearly you said "BEFORE RUNNING IT".
laugh.gif

*I would say that oil did pretty good with a TBN of 8.4 considering it was nearly a 50/50 of 5w20 and 5w30.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Originally Posted By: Balrog006
Because everything always uses an even quart and you’ll never have any leftovers?

Even with leftovers, the quart bottle takes up less space than the big jug. And in most cases you can round to the nearest quart anyway
smile.gif

I keep a big jug and dump all the leftovers in it. 1 big jug uses less space than multiple single quart containers of tailings.

Once enough changes are done and enough leftovers (predominantly 0/5w20 with a dash of 5w30 occasionally) are in the big jug I use it in the wife’s MDX-it’s fine for its 5k OCI-that or on some random OPE to flush out old gunk before I refill with fresh DelvacM1.

Mix and use. I'm looking forward to my Frankenbrew, it's going to have some good stuff in there: GTL Shell Helix Ultra 5W40, Castrol Magnatec 10W30, Valvoline SynPower 0W40, M1 5W30. I'll probably run it 6K miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back