She still lives! Expedition spotted...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
thumbsup2.gif
If you haven't heard the version in question, I highly recommend it, one of my favourites.

What version is that?

Mexico City off the LS, B&P box set.

Originally Posted By: anndel
Many will recall my wife and I divesting ourselves of our 2002 Expedition Eddie Bauer with ~300,000Km on it sometime in 2016 when we picked up the Durango. I've seen the old girl a few times since, however today I was behind it in the drive-through at Tim Hortons and figured I'd snap a pic, as my wife still misses it.

The new owner has replaced the Mobil 1 sticker on the rear window with an "All Balls Racing" sticker, and looks like he picked up some F-150 wheels with LT tires on them to replace the bald LTX's that were on it when we sold it. Sounded good still, and it was really nice to see somebody getting some solid use out of it
thumbsup2.gif

Good to see it in good hands and not smashed up. BTW that's my favorite Metallica song, "For Whom The Bell Tolls."

thumbsup2.gif
If you haven't heard the version in question, I highly recommend it, one of my favourites.

Here it is as played in Seattle during that tour. I saw them on that tour as well. They were in their prime.

I was like 12 during that tour, so there was no way I would have seen it, LOL! My parents wouldn't have even considered it. I did see them here in Canada the time before last that they were at the ACC, unfortunately the seats weren't great.

Yeah, the parents probably wouldn't be thrilled at the prospect of their 12 year old in that crowd.
grin.gif

This tour was the third time I'd seen Metallica in concert. I'd say it was their best performance. I was 21 at the time. It seems like yesterday.
21.gif

Here's the full concert:

Always interesting to see your old vehicles running about. When we traded in the 2001 Expedition we thought for sure it was going strait to auction. NEXT DAY it was parked at a house a street over with dealer tags. We just thought since it was a dealer in town they were just temporarily driving it for a day or two. Turns out the sales manager bought it the same day we traded it. Turns out a low mileage, rust free southern Expy/F150 is rare around here (albeit 2wd). They keep it as their run around good vehicle. Still has the dry-rotted BF tires on it, but I don't think they take it outta town. I've talked to the guy several times and it makes me feel better it went to a good home. Occasionally get a call about previous services, etc. Only thing is we see it just about every day and kinda miss it.

I traded at a dealer once and left them with my old tag and old car (a beater). A couple of years later, I get a call from NYPD about unpaid parking tickets related to my PA tag. I explained that I had traded in my old car a few years ago at a dealership (in PA) and heard nothing back. Sad what some people will do.

After fighting with it for 2 years, I traded in my first car, a 1985 Buick Skyhawk, in at a small car lot for a 1986 Civic.

It was done - wheel bearings roaring, brakes squealing, exhaust system gone, leaking gaskets, torn seats..etc...

A little while later, I started seeing the car a lot around where I lived. I guess it got fixed up and sold to a young girl as here first car. There was no mistaking it was my old car.

I crossed paths on the road with her regularly for the about the next two years. Drove me absolutely nuts, b/c I gave up on the car as junk, and it just kept trucking along...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back