Shoutout To Perfection Clutch/Brute Power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had come across Perfection Clutch parts in listings but never considered them because I was not familiar with them. I saw them mentioned positively in this thread
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/4480631/Searchpage/5/Main/265088/Words/clutch/Search/true/Re:_Need_quality_clutch_master#Post4480631
Here is the quote
"TallPaul, I've had the best luck with the absolute cheapest Slave and Master you can get for a Ranger, the Brute Power line at Rockauto.com. Got tired of the "good stuff" going out every 20k miles so I took a gamble and went with the cheapest Rockauto parts I could get, and surprisingly I'm on 100k miles almost 4 years later. I'm a very happy Brute Power fan."

The OE clutch master cylinder lasted nine years. I replaced it with a Sachs and it only lasted for two years. I looked up RockAuto
http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/gmc,2006,sierra+1500,4.3l+v6,1432405,transmission-manual,clutch+master+cylinder,1996
The OE and Sachs were plastic bodied ones but the Perfection Clutch was aluminium bodied. The fact that it was the cheapest was a bonus. I installed it this summer and it has been working well so far. Time will tell how long it lasts.

Perfection Clutch videos on Youtube are very good and informative.

As an aside, the failure mode is strange - I end up with air in the slave and have to bleed the slave every couple of weeks. Replacing the master eliminates the air. My theory is that fluid leaks past the m/c piston and on the return stroke negative pressure is created in the entire hydraulic system and air leaks in past the slave cylinder piston seal.

Yah, when I did the clutch on my '94 Ranger, I went with a LUK clutch kit and Brand X master and line. That was 5 yrs ago. So far so good. IIRC MC is is aluminum.

On my 1993 Ranger (5.0 swap with Datsun 280ZX slave) the original master lasted 164,000

Sometime around 2005 or so, I ran across a N.O.S. OEM Motorcraft master on ebay for like $10 and bought it.
I think I swapped it in around 2010 or so... still in there now.

The first 280ZX slave was cast iron and lasted maybe 8 years before it started sucking air.
The replacement is aluminum and has been trouble-free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back