Fram Ultra XG7317 - 12,049 miles - Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
This came off of my '07 Accord that's been to the moon and back. Two consecutive oil changes of approx. 6k each. Oil used was Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage 5W-20 and Pennzoil Platinum 10W-30 with other various oils as top-off. Everything looked fine to me. The pleats were all straight and had no tears. I couldn't tear the pleats even when I put force on them (unlike Purolator Classic/PureONE). ADBV was still soft and pliable and it held oil fine without draining back. The clicker was still functional.

Looks very good. Thanks for c&p
smile.gif

AM I seeing you nearing 600K!!!??? Props man, serious props!
57.gif
cheers3.gif

Thanks for the c and P! This is on a K24 correct, original engine and trans?

Originally Posted By: SOHCman
57.gif
cheers3.gif

Indeed -- The car is all original aside from most of the suspension components, battery, front o2 sensor, brakes, tires, etc. The engine and transmission have never been rebuilt. It runs like a top and the transmission shifts great. All body panels are original with the original paint. It even has the original windshield. Everything still works from the AC and Heater to the power heated seats, heated mirrors and 6 CD changer.

Was the 07 Accord Built in Japan, Ohio or Mexico.

I have an `07 with 30,000 miles on it from Ohio. Aside from some rattles and peeling chrome on an interior door handle all is good.

Originally Posted By: zfasts03
Was the 07 Accord Built in Japan, Ohio or Mexico.

I have an `07 with 30,000 miles on it from Ohio. Aside from some rattles and peeling chrome on an interior door handle all is good.

Did you mean 300,000 or only 30,000? Either are impressive.
smile.gif
It was built in Ohio. I wasn't aware of any being built in Mexico, just Japan and the US. Though I could be wrong. It's still in pretty good shape all things considered. Lots of stone chips on the paint and a little rust starting in the back. Many door dings and little scrapes here and there, but it's all original.

Thanks for posting.

I've been using the Fram Ultra XG3600 foe several years.
I like them.

This morning I bought on E-Bay:
(6) XG3600 for $24.00
That's $4.00 each

Wal-Mart wanted $8.97 each.

57.gif
cheers3.gif

Yeah, that's exceptional.

Does the car have a timing belt? If so, how often has it been changed.

A had a 94 accord that I sold with 415,xxx kms(257,xxx miles). Was a great car, sold it after I bought a Sienna.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
This came off of my '07 Accord that's been to the moon and back. Two consecutive oil changes of approx. 6k each. Oil used was Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage 5W-20 and Pennzoil Platinum 10W-30 with other various oils as top-off. Everything looked fine to me. The pleats were all straight and had no tears. I couldn't tear the pleats even when I put force on them (unlike Purolator Classic/PureONE). ADBV was still soft and pliable and it held oil fine without draining back. The clicker was still functional.

Impressive. Our CRV is having an issue with the AC cutting out on idle for long periods of time. Kicks back on when moving.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
57.gif
cheers3.gif

Indeed -- The car is all original aside from most of the suspension components, battery, front o2 sensor, brakes, tires, etc. The engine and transmission have never been rebuilt. It runs like a top and the transmission shifts great. All body panels are original with the original paint. It even has the original windshield. Everything still works from the AC and Heater to the power heated seats, heated mirrors and 6 CD changer.

Nice, and I am assuming auto-trans right, what kind of maintenance did you follow with the trans? Obviously you spend much time eating miles on the highway!

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
Our CRV is having an issue with the AC cutting out on idle for long periods of time. Kicks back on when moving.

Did it always do this? It might possibly be intentional, to save fuel or prevent overheating. Is there some "eco" mode for the AC?

Originally Posted By: JC1
Does the car have a timing belt? If so, how often has it been changed.

A had a 94 accord that I sold with 415,xxx kms(257,xxx miles). Was a great car, sold it after I bought a Sienna.

These K24 engines use timing chains, and according (see what I did there?) to the OP, its original. I guess a well designed chain will last if kept lubed with regular oil changes.

Consequently I also took a 5th gen Accord up to around 300,000 mile mark, It was still running great when I sold it. They called for that timing belt on the F22 engines to be changed every 120K IIRC. The second belt was in such good shape around 225K when I changed It it probably could have been left on. That accord was the only car I have ever seen that never got "foggy" plastic headlights even at 23ish years old...

Last edited:
My 07 Toyota I sold to daughter had 1/10 the miles. That's a lot of driving. Nice looking filter. The media won't tear with that heavy screen they put behind it. I look at the end cap to can gap and see this car doesn't have a destroyed engine. Most all filters have a small gap. Very good pics of the end cap gap.
I guess I am old fashioned but how does one know when a filter is full without testing it? To me, I would change it more often from the looks here, looks like it caught a lot, or is it just black from the oil.

Originally Posted By: ARB1977

Impressive. Our CRV is having an issue with the AC cutting out on idle for long periods of time. Kicks back on when moving.

How many miles and what year? If around 150K, it may be time to change the compressor. Had to do that on a New to me CRV, and really its not too bad of a job. I picked up a Denso compressor from Rock Auto and it's working great. For some reason the CRV's can be hard on the AC compressor/system, and some people speculate its because of the larger cabin to cool compared to a civic/Accord as well as where its nestled in the hot engine bay.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

If it's not a dirty engine inside, the 12K is well under the Ultra's run rating, especially now that it's been bumped up to 20K miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back