We're done, Motorcraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: kschachn
And yet you still have people (loudly) proclaiming they will put this on their car because it is their car.

That's right, I will continue to use MC oil filters, no matter how many of them are torn AFTER they are cut open!
28.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
And yet you still have people (loudly) proclaiming they will put this on their car because it is their car.

That's right, I will continue to use MC oil filters, no matter how many of them are torn BEFORE they are cut open!
28.gif

Here, I fixed this for you.

Kschachn, you were so right.

Originally Posted By: WellOiled

That's right, I will continue to use MC oil filters, no matter how many of them are torn AFTER they are cut open!
28.gif

There, I corrected your error. And, anyone can stand on a mountain and scream rhetoric [censored]...........AND, you can ALSO tell me I'M so right too!

28.gif

There, I corrected your error. And, anyone can stand on a mountain and scream rhetoric [censored]...........AND, you can ALSO tell me I'M so right too!

BlueOvalFilter - use whatever makes you sleep well.

Using filters that can fail seem to make some people happy - which is cool if they like gambling.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Using filters that can fail seem to make some people happy - which is cool if they like gambling.
smile.gif

Yeah, if they want to gamble with their engines, that's up to them.

smile.gif

I use MC filters because I trust them.
Oh, and I don't gamble.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Tony10s
smile.gif

Yeah, if they want to gamble with their engines, that's up to them.

Thank you Tony.
thumbsup2.gif

Oh, and I don't gamble.
smile.gif

If this makes you "sleep well", and you "trust them" and you "don't gamble" then there's not a lot more to say, is there?

k9tnpz.jpg

Let's be honest here, the chances of you having a torn filter are slim. If there was indeed a large amount of filters that were bad, they would be recalled and retooled until the issue was fixed. I understand no one wants to see a tear in a new filter, but the chances of you getting a torn one and it ACTUALLY doing damage to the engine is slim. At least, that what I keep telling myself. I have 10 820s' left in storage.... >_>

Originally Posted By: PHANI1
In defense of Motorcraft filters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g8x6RlI8bQ&t=0s

Any of the torn MC filters seen here wouldn't pass the testing of SAE USCAR36 as discussed in the video at time 2:08 to 2:15. You can have all the tests in the world ran and passed by a sample of the filter, but if manufacturing QA starts to lack you can always have bad filters hitting the shelves.

smile.gif

There seems to be another phenomenon at work here: User A has perfect success (or thinks so) with Brand X model 1Great filter and User B has poor success with Brand X model SoSorryCharlie filter. User B makes a full report on SoSorryCharlie filter and moves on to a better filter. User A generalizes and praises Brand X is the best brand and makes a global announcement. Now the fight is on because User B just had a failure and knows that User A is espousing junk.

Part of the solution would be for User A to stay on topic about Brand X SoSorryCharlie filter.

User A generalizes and praises Brand X is the best brand and makes a global announcement. Now the fight is on because User B just had a failure and knows that User A is espousing junk.

To add ... User A then accuses User B of fabricating a failure because User A is a super fanboy.
smile.gif

User A generalizes and praises Brand X is the best brand and makes a global announcement. Now the fight is on because User B just had a failure and knows that User A is espousing junk.

To add ... User A then accuses User B of fabricating a failure because User A is a super fanboy.
smile.gif

smile.gif

Oh, and I don't gamble.
smile.gif

If this makes you "sleep well", and you "trust them" and you "don't gamble" then there's not a lot more to say, is there?

k9tnpz.jpg

Oh, I CAN keep "saying more" about this subject if you want to keep it up! If not, then you've said what you had on your chest, or is there more? If so, it's your turn to respond!
And, if it makes you wonder if I sleep better at night with a MC oil filter on my truck, hire me a sleep dr. and you will get your answer, being you're so "CONCERNED" about my sleeping habits!
smirk.gif

smile.gif

Are you referring to any one member here in particular? I mean, it sure seems that way to me!
28.gif

i recently did a post with 3 filters made by the same vendor … two were Motorcraft and one PureONE … all NEW ~ and with very little side force they tear like a 1st graders paper tablet …
So ~. I have tried this on three others~M1, FU, and Wix XP ~ used with 6k to 10k miles … ain’t gonna happen … those are too tough to tear

smile.gif

There seems to be another phenomenon at work here: User A has perfect success (or thinks so) with Brand X model 1Great filter and User B has poor success with Brand X model SoSorryCharlie filter. User B makes a full report on SoSorryCharlie filter and moves on to a better filter. User A generalizes and praises Brand X is the best brand and makes a global announcement. Now the fight is on because User B just had a failure and knows that User A is espousing junk.

Part of the solution would be for User A to stay on topic about Brand X SoSorryCharlie filter.

Hey WO, you better be careful with that PUROLATOR oil filter on your engine. There are members here that are probably worried about how well you sleep at night, or, might think you're a fanboy. Wait, I mean a SUPER FANBOY!
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back