Cheap Watches

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an early Seiko Quartz railroad watch that has run continuously for 35 years on six batteries. The hatch gasket has deteriorated to the point I can't get the hatch off.

Originally Posted By: Jimkobb
Seiko 5 gets good reviews but I`ve stuck with quartz watches they are more accurate. Also in the past couple years have stuck with Zulu or Nato watch straps.
These Barton quick release watch bands are the bees knees. I bought a blue silicone band for my new blue faced Seiko5. Easy as pie to switch bands, very soft and comfortable, and the blue matches perfectly. $12.99 from Amazon Prime shipped.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Originally Posted By: Jimkobb
Seiko 5 gets good reviews but I`ve stuck with quartz watches they are more accurate. Also in the past couple years have stuck with Zulu or Nato watch straps.
These Barton quick release watch bands are the bees knees. I bought a blue silicone band for my new blue faced Seiko5. Easy as pie to switch bands, very soft and comfortable, and the blue matches perfectly. $12.99 from Amazon Prime shipped.

The Zulu and Nato straps are super easy to change out also. No reomoving the pins just slide under and through.Plus I like the looks of them better.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Slightly over your budget, but I like this one... $58 on Amazon.

71I2ZiUeZgL._AC_UL320_SR230,320_.jpg

I like a lighted dial for when I`m in a movie theatre. That would be a watch I`d consider if I were buying another.

I've got a black Timex Ironman that I've worn for about 5-6 years. Just recently replaced the battery on it which took a couple of minutes for me to do. I paid just under $50 for it when I bought it. It's got an indiglo button for easy reading of the time in the dark. It's intuitive enough to use the functions without having to read the instructions. I've had many Timex Ironman over the years and they are my favorite digital watches.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
What is the cheapest watch with

1) Solar (aka no batteries needed ever, so no need to crack it open)
2) Atomic accuracy aka sync with atomic signal
3) scratch proof crystal
4) date display
5) Full analog dial
6) Metal watch

I suspect something like this will cost 4X over the budget but may be I am wrong. I purchased Seiko solar few years ago but it does NOT have the atomic accuracy and crystal now has minor scratches.

I got my dad a similar watch several years ago, he still wear it. It's not scratch proof though, well, no crystal is scratch proof. This one is just a mineral crystal.

https://www.amazon.com/Casio-WVA-M640D-1...S8E/ref=sr_1_3?

Have a few other Infantry watches and they are keeping great time, This will take the place of my Timex Expedtion Scout watch that is running somewhat slow even after a battery change. I got the silver color for $18.99 with free shipping.

I have several 'cheap' watches -- all under $100 paid-for price. You can often find Fossil at Ross or TJMaxx for around $40. One winter I bought 3 at a Watch Station (which has since closed). They were all 60% off, and then another 40% off. I bought a Skagen, Diesel, and Emporio Armani (all made/owned by Fossil). I guess I pretty much only have Fossil-like watches. I have an older Timex Expedition Tide Tracker - with built-in thermometer. I purchased it on clearance at Target for < $20.

Quote:
They were all 60% off, and then another 40% off.
For real Americans, that is like 100% (60+40=100) off! Unfortunately, I am of Asian origin, so that math does not work for me :-(

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
I have several 'cheap' watches -- all under $100 paid-for price. You can often find Fossil at Ross or TJMaxx for around $40. One winter I bought 3 at a Watch Station (which has since closed). They were all 60% off, and then another 40% off. I bought a Skagen, Diesel, and Emporio Armani (all made/owned by Fossil). I guess I pretty much only have Fossil-like watches. I have an older Timex Expedition Tide Tracker - with built-in thermometer. I purchased it on clearance at Target for < $20.
No wonder the “watch station “ closed!
whistle.gif

Check for clearances watches at various retailers when you shop.
Lots of nice watches for under your price point, sometimes way under.
I hardly ever wear a watch these days, although I do like my high school graduation gift Omega as well as my late father's Elgin and Bulova. I also have a Rolex I bought in Mexico for a price that makes me think that it must have fallen off the back of a truck, LOL.
The cars have clocks, my PCs at work and home have clocks and my phone has a clock.
I really don't need a watch much but my wife wears one always. I can always buy her a watch as a gift, like the Movado I bought her on Tortola at a really sharp price. I love the Museum Watch and she encouraged me to buy one for myself as well, but I demurred, thinking that I'd rarely wear it.
For dives, I do wear an inexpensive made in Japan watch that I've had for more than twenty years, but I rarely dive deep enough these days that the air will last long enough for me to worry seriously about allowable time.
I'm an old fashioned guy in that I don't use a dive computer but rely upon a set of PADI dive tables and a little quick arithmetic instead.
Does anyone else recall the phrase "find the RAT" in calculating remaining allowable time?

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Quote:
They were all 60% off, and then another 40% off.
For real Americans, that is like 100% (60+40=100) off! Unfortunately, I am of Asian origin, so that math does not work for me :-(
I'm a "real American" and I know that's 76% off total.

What's the point of this comment, anyway? How incredibly condescending.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
My daughter (14) has the Casio Men's Sport Analog Dive Watch:

I just picked this one up for myself. Hoping it makes a decent camping/swimming/beater watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back