Detailed another one of the Jeeps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the 2015 Cherokee today...on the outside I used Duragloss 111 mixed with their 601 Adhesion promoter as my LSP. Polish I used Meg's Ultimate Polish on an medium cut pad on my 7424XP. Just wiped down the interior with some detailer.
omeXXbM.jpg
nR65njU.jpg
aPkVP6B.jpg
jLXvK5x.jpg
v7uMWzZ.jpg
FzsGYL9.jpg

Car looks impressively clean, the interior is absolutely spotless. I would however get better looking floor mats, those do not compliment the otherwise good-looking interior.

Thanks everyone!
Those mats are just from the Jeep before it, probably will get some Husky Liners or something before winter.

Looks awesome. I did one of my cars today.. not as detailed as you perhaps, but still turned out good.

Thanks everyone!

I do love a muddy Jeep on occasion, but I think I like 'em clean overall.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
Thanks everyone!
Those mats are just from the Jeep before it, probably will get some Husky Liners or something before winter.

Check out WeatherTech. Made in USA and each one custom engineered for your vehicle. I have a set and they are awesome.

Did the 2015 Cherokee today...on the outside I used Duragloss 111 mixed with their 601 Adhesion promoter as my LSP.

Great choice! I finally finished off a bottle of DG #101. It's so nice to use with a polisher for a nice even coat. Then switch bonnets to the MF one for removal. I did this back in June and it's still beading up nicely after being outside all the time. I will have some time next week to hopefully apply another coat for winter.

Originally Posted By: NissanMaxima
Thanks everyone!

Check out WeatherTech. Made in USA and each one custom engineered for your vehicle. I have a set and they are awesome.

I usually like the Weathertech ones but for this app they don't cover under the gas pedal like Husky Liners or Rugged ridge. They follow the Mopar template instead. I've had Huskys in my Liberty for almost 10 years and they've done great. USA made too! Weathtech is great though, they just did something weird here.

@Satinsilver, I forgot what 101 is...105 is like 111 but with a light abrasive in it I think. Bet 101 would mix with 601 well. I did this one by hand (except for polishing), lots of little nooks and crannies to get.

@Satinsilver, I forgot what 101 is...105 is like 111 but with a light abrasive in it I think. Bet 101 would mix with 601 well. I did this one by hand (except for polishing), lots of little nooks and crannies to get.

It's a bit confusing keeping all the products figured out. The 111 that you used has zero chemical cleaners and no abrasives, just a pure sealant.

#101 has a little bit of abrasive in it to help get rid of micro-scratches. Their Swirl Mark Remover has even more abrasives in it and also contains sealant. Not strong enough to remove moderate scratches.

#105 is a sealant with chemical cleaners. Their Marine polish, #501? has even more chemical cleaners in it.

So have to figure out which one to go with next. The same product or try something new. Maybe the 105 since the price is about the same but you get twice the product. 16 ounces versus 8 ounces I believe.
smile.gif

I couldn't pick between 111 and 105 but I chose 111 since it doesn't have any abrasives. If I need to polish, I'll do that beforehand. I emailed Duragloss and heard from one of the founders, he said 105 and 111 have the same durability and to mix either with 601.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

It's a bit confusing keeping all the products figured out. The 111 that you used has zero chemical cleaners and no abrasives, just a pure sealant.

#101 has a little bit of abrasive in it to help get rid of micro-scratches. Their Swirl Mark Remover has even more abrasives in it and also contains sealant. Not strong enough to remove moderate scratches.

#105 is a sealant with chemical cleaners. Their Marine polish, #501? has even more chemical cleaners in it.

So have to figure out which one to go with next. The same product or try something new. Maybe the 105 since the price is about the same but you get twice the product. 16 ounces versus 8 ounces I believe.
smile.gif

Just used 501 on the wife's truck for winter, with a white hand applicator. Managed to keep it thin, which is hard for me as the pad gets loaded up, but she helps buff off and noticed how nice it came off.

Finished really nice as well. This is a value winner for sure!!

Originally Posted By: gizzsdad
Just used 501 on the wife's truck for winter, with a white hand applicator. Managed to keep it thin, which is hard for me as the pad gets loaded up, but she helps buff off and noticed how nice it came off.

Finished really nice as well. This is a value winner for sure!!

A professional detailer on here uses it for some of his customers. Here is one of his threads:

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthr...501#Post3118894

Darn, pics have been removed but you can still read about it.
smile.gif

The nice things about the inexpensive electric polishers at Walmart is you can load up the foam pad with product. Then the machine applies a thin, uniform coat on the vehicle. Let the polisher and product do the work, not your arms. Then switch bonnets to the microfiber one for removal. It's so easy and a pleasure to do now. Only $25 at Walmart for the bigger one or $20 for the smaller one.

It doesn't compare to the high end polishers. But compared to doing it by hand it's a no brainer, imo.

Thanks everyone!

If you don't mind the herringbone pattern, check out Rugged Ridge also. They are very thick, stiff-but rubbery, and excellent fit (at least for my car). Priced much lower than Weathertec. I will never again be without good floor liners to contain the mud and salt.
11.gif

Nice job on the detail. Mine is due before the snow flies. I'm an old time Zaino user, in spite of The Critic trying to convert me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back