Remote control battery covers

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO here's a nice OT post for everyone. What do you do to keep the batteries from falling out of your various remotes if/when the cover gets broken or lost? I remember growing up and my folks using scotch tape (which infallibly failed). I tend to use a rubber band or the wife's hair tie.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Piece of cardboard with velcro to hold it in place but to make it removable for the battery replacement.

this and some tape...

I wrapped the cover of one of mine in electrical tape just enough so it's a friction fit, but it still opens easily.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Remotes are dirt cheap, replace it.

If you can find one that works with my old Insignia IS-HC040918 stereo receiver... Tried the well reputed GE universal remote and the single code listed for insignia receivers did not work.

Replace it or download an app.

My old rear-projection TV (10+ yo Sony Wega) didn't come with a remote. I downloaded a free app to control the TV, which worked well.

Epoxy - works the first time, everytime... but only the one time.

Otherwise packing tape or kapton tape if I have it. Packing tape holds up the best on everything that is taped together at work.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: buck91
Originally Posted By: dishdude
Remotes are dirt cheap, replace it.

If you can find one that works with my old Insignia IS-HC040918 stereo receiver... Tried the well reputed GE universal remote and the single code listed for insignia receivers did not work.

Pick up a learning remote and store the original away for future use.

While I have personally never experienced this phenomenon, my friends that have, tend to use "the handy man's secret weapon", Duct tape.

of course with that family, more likely than not a remote will be missing the "door", and not have batteries, b/c it's easier to steal them out of a remote, than to pick some up at a store, and maybe keep some spares on hand....

Tv remotes for tvs in the 60's and 70's were almost bulletproof, but it seems modern remotes are made of the cheapest low grade plastic that the manufacturer can find. Duck tape might be ugly but it works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back