Sat in '18 Accord

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a Honda fanboy, but their engines have been far from bullet proof. Many head gasket problems with Civics,although at high mileage,as well as cracked blocks, plus all the accuator problems with Accords and CRVs. I don't know how severe the consequences are with the fuel dilution issue with the 1.5T but I'd stay away from it until it's sorted out. Honda has little history with turbos and not much with DI.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Originally Posted By: d00df00d

Ever tried one that just goes directly into the trans? :]

Yes.
Snick-snick, nice.

Don't drive my S10 then; the old NV1500 is worn. It may or may not go into gear, lol.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
CRX was the best manual Honda transmission I've shifted.

The S2000 Honda is the best shifting car ever made (in my opinion) . Especially if the rubber acoustic shift boot is removed. Leaving just the leather shift boot.

Much like the Miata's 6 speed. But with higher RPM available.

My two favorite things about our 14 accord are of course the awesome shifter, and the dead nuts reliable N/A 2.4. Its big enough to make great torque and pull the car around easily. It's not running boost so i figure it can live forever with my care. A 1.5L just sounds like a bad idea for a car of this size.

The S2000 is pretty okay but is really no better than my old BMW and is nowhere near as pleasant as our old Civics, which could be shifted with a single finger.
The two best shifters I've ever experienced were those in my old MGB and in a 1965 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 V-6.
That thing was so easy to use that you could shift up or down sans clutch with no effort at all.
Chevy should have learned from this for the Corvette, or even the Chevette.
That a 3/4 ton pickup should have had better shifting than any Corvette I've driven gives one pause.

The new bumper on the '18 accord is ***** in my opinion. I find modern Toyota and Honda cars to be weird in their designs. SUV's aren't bad.

The latest Hondas look a lot better IMO. They had some really ugly stuff the last 10 years or so but they're finally producing a few things I'd be interested in.

Where is the rest of this bumper, this is ridiculous. It's going to loose the radiator with a nice size stone at 55mph!
wink.gif

2018-Honda-Accord-front-end.jpg

1-32.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Ever tried one that just goes directly into the trans? :]

That's how my 300ZX manual transmission is,the shifter goes directly into the transmission. It's the notchiest transmission I've ever felt,you can feel the gears meshing with every shift,but,it never ships a beat! I put a short shifter on it once,imagine multiplying the notchiness times a million haha,BUT,I could shift that thing so fast it was unreal!

Isn’t that the intercooler?
Originally Posted By: StevieC
Where is the rest of this bumper, this is ridiculous. It's going to loose the radiator with a nice size stone at 55mph!
wink.gif

2018-Honda-Accord-front-end.jpg

Originally I thought this car was extremely ugly. The front end is growing on me a bit, reminds me of a 1980s Accord, but the back end is hideous. It's trying to look like a Mustang fastback, when it is not.

Many current cars are ***** with their overwrought design.
The new Camry certainly qualifies as do the current Camaro and Corvette.

The new Accord does have that Audi-like look to it, I'm not a Honda guy but I feel the Accords were always the better looking and driving car compared to the Camry.

I haven't driven a stick in a while, but Honda has it down with how easy the clutch and gears move.

Originally Posted By: nthach
The new Accord does have that Audi-like look to it, I'm not a Honda guy but I feel the Accords were always the better looking and driving car compared to the Camry.

I haven't driven a stick in a while, but Honda has it down with how easy the clutch and gears move.

The Accords have always been sportier than the Camrys. That new red Accord would be SEXY as [censored] in a coupe!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back