not a cat person...

Status
Not open for further replies.
grin.gif

The Dog’s Diary

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

The Cat’s Diary

Day 983 of My Captivity

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a “good little hunter” I am. [censored]!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of “allergies.” I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now ...

Nice...

the black one has already earned the name jebuscat, as he's he leg weaver.

I also think cats are the best things in the world. I love mine very much, because he's as lazy as I am, I feel like he understands me completely
laugh.gif

I come home for lunch, and Smokey Joe has found a comfy spot for a snooze.

My wife gets annoyed with cats because they don't respect property...she reckons he should ask first. I guess I wouldn't be happy if I walked out the door and someone was sitting on my scooter without asking. But he's family, he can sit on my scooter. He did claw the seat on my BMW - I'm NOT happy about that.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Cat ownership enhances the quality a person's life unless one chooses not to let it; Not for everyone however.

If I were to sum up the pluses vs the minuses in my life, I'm still looking at a positive integer.

Good chance they may convert you.

Heck yea! I have 2 cats now; couldn't live without them. Yup, it's a bit of a chore cleaning 2 litter boxes every Sunday afternoon and vacuuming off their sleeping spots, but it's worth it to me. I love the little buggers and they love me back (sometimes).

I agree with whoever mentioned litter box liners. I actually got a huge box of drumroll liners cheap at I think Big Lots. They're way to big for the litter boxes, but I tuck them under and they work fine. Just pull them out and throw them in the garbage, put a new one in, and refill with fresh litter. Very cheap, easy, and safe/healthy for the cats.

My Co-Co sitting on my lap.. She is a good cat that's likes to play fetch, likes to play fight, and eats saltine crackers.

Geez, if I somehow managed to get myself into any yoga position, someone would have to call an ambulance.

You're a lucky guy. Nice cat.

P.S. Cats are attracted to weird smells. Just saying
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: ndfergy
Geez, if I somehow managed to get myself into any yoga position, someone would have to call an ambulance.

You're a lucky guy. Nice cat.

P.S. Cats are attracted to weird smells. Just saying
laugh.gif

When I was a kid, we used to drive 10+ hours after school in a Datsun 120Y...Sis has Spina Bifida, so here chair was jammed between the driver's seat and the back seat...I had to find a way to be comfortable with no footwell, and it's still the most comfortable for me....

But it doesn't explain me getting full marks on hypermobility scores...below is left index finger...they all do that.

When I was 17, could spin both feet around so that my little toes touched.

At two months off 50, still count as double jointed on the Beighton scoring system...just can no longer get my feet behind my head and walk around on my hands.

Now (of course) flexibility is labelled a "syndrome" and needs treating.

Black on black is Salem

Daughters cat, still have to show her Sabrina the teenage witch

And she (my daughter) was quite partial to sleeping there too when she was tiny...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bbhero

My Co-Co sitting on my lap.. She is a good cat that's likes to play fetch, likes to play fight, and eats saltine crackers.

Co-Co is a gorgeous cat bbhero
smile.gif

Looks like I'm married to a crazy cat lady

"Swiper" joined the crowd today...was on the local pound page, and wife had been Jonesing for an Orange tabby.

He's microchipped, and local, so we have some idea of the providence...vet is positive that he's a Maine Coon, or significant part of that...they boarded it over Christmas, the owner picked it up, then turned up 3 days later to hand it in "for adoption", which they don't do...so next day they had the cat, now shaved in a box on the front doorstep.

Gets on OK with the crowd, and the kids, but returns to the travel crate when he's had enough.

I've given up on the idea of having a dog, since we found native frogs have moved into our yard...so a dog sized cat should be OK IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back