How do you stay away from ice cream ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WinCo FOODS store brand mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Extremely Delicious !
crazy.gif

1/2 cup = one serving
140 calories per serving
14 servings per container (who eats only 1/2 cup ?)
1960 calories per container (they don't tell you that part!)

I could eat the stuff all day 24 hours a day. The stuff never fills me up.
If I let myself eat as much as I want to, I'd be 600 pounds within a year.

How do you guys control the addiction ?

We go out to a place for ice cream and don't buy it because it's too tempting. The higher cost of eating at a place like DQ or whatever curbs how many times we have it.

Not having it at home curbs the calories.
wink.gif

I'm lactose intolerant, allergic to chocolate, and I have IBS. I still have issues staying away from ice cream. I can tolerate a bit, fortunately.

It ain't easy! We keep it out of the house and walk to the corner gelato place if we have a craving.

Originally Posted By: Dorian
I'm lactose intolerant, allergic to chocolate, and I have IBS. I still have issues staying away from ice cream. I can tolerate a bit, fortunately.

You poor soul.
frown.gif
(Sincerely)

When I lived in Katy there was a brand of ice cream called something like Blue Bell and I did not have the willpower to avoid their french vanilla.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
When I lived in Katy there was a brand of ice cream called something like Blue Bell and I did not have the willpower to avoid their french vanilla.

We have it here, it is good stuff!

Blue Bell - Rocky Road flavor is my vice
grin.gif

We do our best not to buy it, but it never fails , we go grocery shopping when I'm hungry and it appears in our freezer once again.
21.gif

Made in Brenham, TX just a little ways up the road from me. "They eat all they can and sell the rest". Though the listeria issues they had a few times nearly killed the business.

I do like ice cream, and have it once in a while. To keep away from the fat, I have Italian Ice, freeze pops or a fudgecicle. They all have a fair bit of sugar, but still fewer calories than the ice cream.

For one thing, I moved away from the Blue Bell market. So now, it's not hard. I'm generally very unimpressed with store brands. So I generally only get ice cream when I make it to the ice cream store at a nearby agricultural school, or go to a local ice cream parlor.

It was real hard when I lived in Kentucky, and Blue Bell would rotate their seasonal flavors. By far Blue Bell is the best store brand ice cream I've ever had. Excepting a few of the premium ice creams. Like Graeter's and such. Luckily these aren't available in big cartons.

I've had hundreds of ice cream half gallons in my life. Temptation and addiction comes and goes. The only way I've been able to keep away from it for months at a time is to 1. consider it poison. 2. Don't bring large quantities into the house (ie half gallons, 6 packs of ice cream bars, etc.). Currently on a good roll not having brought a half gallon into the house for over 2 months. And that's quite a feat when my supermarket often sells Friendly's half gallons for buy 1 - get 2 free ($2.20 each and must get 3). Used to love Baskin Robbins peanut butter and chocolate or choc almond. Fortunately, all my area stores either closed or stopped carrying it. When I binge on ice cream, it's typically in the winter when my activity level drops and the body "demands" more sugar and fats.

The only deterrence is NOT to bring it home. Figure on gaining 2 lbs a week when binging on ice cream. You don't get "full" on ice cream because it has no fiber, few nutrients, and no doubt some chemical gimmicks that addict you to it...always wanting more....never getting full. Try doing that with a bowl of broccoli and humus.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
WinCo FOODS store brand mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Extremely Delicious !
crazy.gif

1/2 cup = one serving
140 calories per serving
14 servings per container (who eats only 1/2 cup ?)
1960 calories per container (they don't tell you that part!)

I could eat the stuff all day 24 hours a day. The stuff never fills me up.
If I let myself eat as much as I want to, I'd be 600 pounds within a year.

How do you guys control the addiction ?

Don't buy it?

The secret is to not have any Ice Cream at home. Ice cream should be a special treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back