Schaeffer's 7000 5W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually more zddp in this than in their 9000 series, which I find interesting. Looks pretty solid really, if not a bit thin. I quite like the looks of Schaeffers and have some 9000 to use at some point which I look forward to.

I am not sure if Blackstone check for Antimony ? . Used thr 7000 SL for years in 5 gallons Pail . Never liked SN PCMO .

Schaeffer make good stuff.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Love the add-pack in that oil. Disappointed it is so hard to get!

How is phone call and/or internet order, delivered to your door (with free shippng available) hard to get?

Originally Posted By: Kuato

How is phone call and/or internet order, delivered to your door (with free shippng available) hard to get?

I thought the same thing, until you see the Canadian address. Schaeffers is a bit more difficult for the retail buyer to get in Canada,

Originally Posted By: salesrep
Originally Posted By: Kuato

I thought the same thing, until you see the Canadian address. Schaeffers is a bit more difficult for the retail buyer to get in Canada,

OK yeah I noticed addyguy is in Canada.

I made a quick phone call for all Canadians
08.gif
and there ARE distributors in Canada.

Just call the main number 1-800-325-9962, and talk to Megan at extension 364. She said she'll find the distributor closest to you.

Or, just go to the Schaeffer International Page at http://www.schaefferoil.com/international-district-offices.html for some contact information.

mods, I am NOT affiliated with Schaeffer Oil; just helping out our members.

Wow !! Nice slug of Moly at 295 ppm, with decent Zinc too at 895 ppm. Some other ILSAC oils are well below the allowed zinc limit, which I think is 800 ppm Phos which translates to about 900 ppm Zn. Schaeffer is giving every thing you are allowed, which is good to see and better than most.

It has a Calcium (~1670 ppm) and Sodium (~440 ppm) detergent package, and at the thin end of the 30 grade wedge with a KV100 of 9.73 cSt.

I'm not familiar with Schaeffer oil, this 7000 5W-30, what group base would it be?

It's worth using on the Moly and Zinc alone.

Originally Posted By: SR5
Wow !! Nice slug of Moly at 295 ppm, with decent Zinc too at 895 ppm. Some other ILSAC oils are well below the allowed zinc limit, which I think is 800 ppm Phos which translates to about 900 ppm Zn. Schaeffer is giving every thing you are allowed, which is good to see and better than most.

It has a Calcium (~1670 ppm) and Sodium (~440 ppm) detergent package, and at the thin end of the 30 grade wedge with a KV100 of 9.73 cSt.

I'm not familiar with Schaeffer oil, this 7000 5W-30, what group base would it be?

It's worth using on the Moly and Zinc alone.

It's Group II+ and Group IV.
http://www.schaefferoil.com/documents/223-701-td.pdf

Originally Posted By: bigj_16

It's Group II+ and Group IV.
http://www.schaefferoil.com/documents/223-701-td.pdf

Interesting, thank you for that.

Given the two oils in the linked document, it looks to me like the 5W30 is the pick over the 10W30, probably more PAO in the 5W30 and more Group II+ in the 10W30.

Eg
Noack 10W30 = 11.11 %
Noack 5W30 = 11.06 %

HTHS 10W30 = 3.06 cP
HTHS 5W30 = 3.1 cP

Flash Point 10w30 = 229 C
FP 5W30 = 231 C

Both have the same SA (0.84 %) and the same TBN (7 to 7.5) so it looks like the add packs are the same.

I would happily use this oil. Thanks for the VOA

Last edited:
703 series SL we used it in fleet . Held up for thru DURATION of OC .Used SCHEAFFERS products for years. Retired abour 8 years ago . Sales Rep used to sell it to me in 5 gall pails . Great Company Great PRODUCTS ,CUSTOMERS first not SHAREHOLDES .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back