Saw Mobil 1 ESP 5W-30 at O'Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson

That's EP, not ESP.

LOL like it really matters your car won't know the difference.

Your WM shopping cart will know the difference because it will be empty if you go shopping for ESP there.

I'm not a label sensitive buyer I buy the weight of oil my car needs from who ever has the best available price. My stash is full. Any oil I buy now would have to be under $15 with rebate but I'd start shopping looking for cheaper than that. I've never had a written complaint from the Toyota yet but who knows it could just disintegrate tomorrow.
15.gif

I'm not a label sensitive buyer I buy the weight of oil my car needs from who ever has the best available price. My stash is full. I've never had a written complaint from the Toyota yet but who knows it could just disintegrate tomorrow.
Your Toyota is a diesel?

That's EP, not ESP.

Your WM shopping cart will know the difference because it will be empty if you go shopping for ESP there.

I'm not a label sensitive buyer I buy the weight of oil my car needs from who ever has the best available price. My stash is full. Any oil I buy now would have to be under $15 with rebate but I'd start shopping looking for cheaper than that. I've never had a written complaint from the Toyota yet but who knows it could just disintegrate tomorrow.
15.gif

But please let us know how your uber ignorant post about ESP is connected to Toyota Corolla?
From all your posts here, only thing we can conclude is that you absolutely have NO IDEA what is Mobil1 5W30 ESP.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
If your car is a diesel, it definitely matters.

Absolutely!
thumbsup2.gif

Johnson … it’s a clean diesel specialty synthetic … can be used in other apps but a more expensive M1 than you would want for an average gasser …
Not enough market to become a Walmart staple …

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Johnson … it’s a clean diesel specialty synthetic … can be used in other apps but a more expensive M1 than you would want for an average gasser …
Not enough market to become a Walmart staple …

Actually that is not packaging of Mobil1 5W30 ESP.
5W30 ESP comes in Euro style packaging because it is made in France and Finland.
It could be carried in Wal Mart if Mobil1 was willing to lower price. Pennzoil carries Euro L in Wal Mart for $22 on rollback. However, until Castrol brings LL-03 to Wal mart, Mobil1 does not have incentive to bring ESP 5W30 or new 0W30 X1 ESP. Until then, they can charge anywhere from $7.99 for liter to $12.99 for liter.

edyvw: noticed online it’s sold in both liters (what you put in the beemer a while back?) … and quarts looking like the first bottle … wonder if Mobil is shipping some across the Atlantic in bulk to bottle a few batches here …

Originally Posted By: 4WD
edyvw: noticed online it’s sold in both liters (what you put in the beemer a while back?) … and quarts looking like the first bottle … wonder if Mobil is shipping some across the Atlantic in bulk to bottle a few batches here …

I still use M1 5W30 ESP in fall and winter. Reason why I use now Valvoline is that it was on sale, meets MB 229.51 and I drive very often in Nevada deserts where my oil temps are going pretty high, so I like bit heavier oil. Back in Colorado, I use M1 5W30 ESP.
First bottle you put here has several ESP versions, among others 0W30 that is ILSAC GF-5 for Japanese and American vehicles. What is of interest for Euro diesel users (Mercedes Benz in this case) is 0W30 X1 ESP that meets MB 229.51 and MB 229.52. 0W30 X1 has bit better oxidation properties then 5W30 ESP, but also bit higher sulfated ash levels and lower HTHS. However, 0W30 X1 does not meet BMW LL-04 and VW 505.01 or VW504.00/507.00 (VW 504.00/507.00 allows either 5W30 or 0W30). I think BMW diesel owners cans till use this oil since MB 229.52 is tougher then LL-04.
Since 5W30 ESP has already good cold pumping properties there is no reason going with X1 unless you starting car below -45c. I like very low sulfated ash level in 5W30 ESP and ridiculously low NOACK. That means DPF will have long life.

Last edited:
Thanks for that … soon will be time to dust off your heavy coats …
Stay safe up there …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back